Insulin looks like water

lolasowweyms's profile photo   09/02/2020 4:10 p.m.

Hello, good afternoon,

For a couple of days, the rapid insulin (Fiasp) does not make me the same effect, I need to get a lot more quantity and still maintain high sugar levels.Today for example at breakfast, for 5 rations I had to put 15 units and yet at 2 hours I was above 200. (My breakfast relationship had always been 1U 10HC) I just returned from the August holidays, where I would have liked to have taken better control.I do not know if it is due to the excesses of food and drink or there are simply days where insulin does not affect us in the same way.With the theme of confinement I was putting 48u in Toujeo, when I went on vacation, I had left over and fell up to 30u.Now that I have returned to my residence the truth that I do not move so much, today I have climbed 8u to see if the problem is there ...

Clarify, that I am a young boy and that I do sports daily and the food theme carried it quite well, I had an H1AC of 5.6, after returning from the holidays I am around 7.

I have been reading about the subject, concepts such as glycotoxicity or insulin resistance but the truth is that I have no idea, debut 8 months ago and it had never happened to me.

Has anyone else happened to?Is there any way to return to my insulin and HC relationship?Because I think the quantity of fast insulin that I am putting myself is exaggerated

lolasowweyms's profile photo
lolasowweyms
09/02/2020 4:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@LoLoSawweyms

It happened to me once the insulin was not right.The same thing happens to me.I threw the cartridge and put another and without problems.Back to my factors!

It does not mean that it is your case, but it is a possibility.

Sometimes also if we take an infection, I pass a flu and that multiplies insulin needs, it can affect you.

You may be the return of vacation, but you are right that it is a lot of difference

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/02/2020 6:01 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

lolawweyms said:
hello good afternoon,

For a couple of days, the rapid insulin (Fiasp) does not make me the same effect, I need to get a lot more quantity and still maintain high sugar levels.Today for example at breakfast, for 5 rations I had to put 15 units and yet at 2 hours I was above 200. (My breakfast relationship had always been 1U 10HC) I just returned from the August holidays, where I would have liked to have taken better control.I do not know if it is due to the excesses of food and drink or there are simply days where insulin does not affect us in the same way.With the theme of confinement I was putting 48u in Toujeo, when I went on vacation, I had left over and fell up to 30u.Now that I have returned to my residence the truth that I do not move so much, today I have climbed 8u to see if the problem is there ...

Clarify, that I am a young boy and that I do sports daily and the food theme carried it quite well, I had an H1AC of 5.6, after returning from the holidays I am around 7.

I have been reading about the subject, concepts such as glycotoxicity or insulin resistance but the truth is that I have no idea, debut 8 months ago and it had never happened to me.

Has anyone else happened to?Is there any way to return to my insulin and HC relationship?Because I think the quantity of fast insulin that I am putting myself is exaggerated

It has happened to us all and that is called the end of the honeymoon;Welcome to the world to take care of oneself in type 1 diabetes.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
09/02/2020 9:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Watch the slow one, which you will have to increase too, if you begin to wake up high.
By increasing slow, the rapid will decrease.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/03/2020 1:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Change the vial and watch to see.
It happens to everyone.I returned to Novorapid because Fiasp requires more quantity and takes effect less time, and the speed shines for his absence.
You have to play with both of you, raise the slow one and control the fast.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/05/2020 3:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.