Problem: possible dawn effect?

roolandoo's profile photo   05/21/2020 12:56 p.m.

Hello, I am type 1 diabetic (insulin -dependent) and I have been stabilized and stabilized for a long time.But since the confinement began and the teleworking is given the following problem:
- I get up (around 8:30) with the correct measures, about 0.85.But as the morning progresses I climb only without eating anything or breakfast.About 11:30 am.I measure me and I already have 1.40 or 1.50

At first, I thought it was for the sedentary lifestyle of confinement but I have been doing sports (even more than at other times) and I remain the same.I have also tried to raise the dose of slow insulin and either.
The same has happened to me at other times, but it has always been very punctual, and now it is every day.

Has it happened to anyone? Do you think of any solution?
Greetings and thanks.

roolandoo's profile photo
roolandoo
05/21/2020 12:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you only get on that ... you can find a song in your teeth, it is very good, but it is the phenomenon of the alba called, normally the insulin/HC ratio is greater in the morning for that effect.It goes up much more, I have a fight with slow toujeo insulin because they give me ups at night, and whether I put it at night and for the day, I have a lot of lack of control and a lot of variability.Today I have done what you, try not to have breakfast until 11, at 8 I had 115 and at 11 260 !!, that is, my alba effect as you see, is much greater than yours.Solutions? Breakfast when you get up, if you do not feel much, take only one coffee and two cookies for example, or a fruit and you put the fast insulin according to it, and then in the middle of the morning if you have breakfast in conditions because you put what do you put whatof breakfast.I have more than proven that if I do not wear a quick insulin freshly raised, I get a barbarity, sometimes I have put two units or three without eating anything because I know myself and then at 11 I am fine.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/21/2020 2:03 p.m.

As @meginer told you, they are not very bad data either, so it would not give it more importance, if you really worry and upload the dose of slowLittle the rapid insulin ratio or if you are not going to have breakfast correct with a fast insulin unit if you really want to be lower, but do not see if they are going to give you hypoglycemia.
I think that apart from the Alba/Dawn effect you have to keep in mind that not breakfast and take without eating since the previous night will make the body begin to generate glucose with the liver and go up a little, if you have well put the slowYou may not notice it, but it happens, it can also be that.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
05/21/2020 3:24 p.m.

here publishes a video about the somogyi effect to check it here
Link

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
05/22/2020 12:38 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

here publishes a video about the somogyi effect to check it here
Link

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
05/22/2020 12:50 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

For some time now I have been suffering and well ... in the end it is playing with food and insulin ...

I speak to you without having hypos as he says in the video ...

all night well waking me every hour during one night to take a ref and be over 90-120 and from 4 to 6 in the morning .... pum 200

How do I avoid this?Well, slow long -lasting hydrates for dinner and more insulin amount than in my case in Humalix Mix 25 ... such as units increase are very few rapid that increases and more slowly, which interests me for those hours for those hoursAnd now I usually get over 150.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/22/2020 8:29 a.m.

Thank you all for your answers.
I will try breakfast every day, let's see how, although it is not my normal habit because I am fattening and I try to eat only 2 times a day.Greetings.

roolandoo's profile photo
roolandoo
05/22/2020 9:24 a.m.

Roolando said:
I will try breakfast every day, let's see how, although it is not my normal habit because I am fattening and I try to eat only 2 times a day.Greetings.

But that will not make you fat more, if you take a fruit for example alone and you put on the amount of insulin you require, and then your normal breakfast in the middle of the morning, that does not fat, it is the same as you would do in normal circumstances.In diabetes you can't eat only twice a day, it is better and often at least three meals and if you get up early, mid -morning a snack.But come on, those controls you have are very good.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/22/2020 11:57 a.m.

Roolando said:

For a diabetic, eating 2 times a day I see it badly, but well ... the fact is that "I am fattening" is very relative ... but you have a hormonal problem you should lose or gain weight like anyone.

In the end it is about having or not, a caloric deficit to lose weight and if you eat 2 times but you eat a ñu by the feet in those 2 times you are putting more kcal than eating 5 times a day.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/22/2020 1:28 p.m.

If you are not breakfast, for whatever reason, take a simple coffee with milk or a natural yogurt and insulin, even if it is little, you do not need to have 4 rations or anything like that, I only breakfast a coffee with soy milk(Less than 1 ration) but already with the fact of putting fast insulin and activating the body after fasting.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
05/22/2020 6:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.