Gestational diabetes

Incukos's profile photo   09/08/2020 11:32 p.m.

Hello, good night, I am pregnant for 15 weeks and I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes.

This morning I have gone to the endocrine and has given me a diet of 2,000 calories, I also have to click insulin before bedtime, for now he has put 8 units awaits how sugar comes out before breakfast.

The truth that I was very surprised that sugar came out since I have been measuring the sugar levels once the levels of the sugar curves were obtained and I got the values ​​well, even the values ​​of the meals came out lower than me thanthose of before.

I started with this diet at lunch, the truth is that it is costing me enough to eat what makes me because it fills me a lot and I hurry everything I have to eat a little.

The endocrine has told me that the sugar levels I have to measure an hour after each meal and that they have to be below 140, what is my surprise, that after eating I have a value of 176 and now after dinnerI have 226, as time goes by sugar lows me a lot, but I am quite scared because it does not even approach what they ask me and I have more than before starting the diet.

I want to think that I get so high because I have not started to put the insulin at night and that tomorrow all this will improve, but I am quite scared, not for me because I feel good, but for my baby, I am afraid ofThat this can seriously affect you.

I would like you to give me some guidance, if it is normal, if I have to give time to put the insulin ...

Thank you so much.

Incukos's profile photo
Incukos
09/08/2020 11:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Incukos

Hello, I believe that you have a story with insulin you will improve.You just started.Be patient.If you see that you are not in the values, it is recommended, see the endocrine again, you will have to adjust the insulin.

There are many different ways to reach 2000 calories.I imagine that the endocrine has given you some food guidelines and you will have recommended to avoid certain products.

I would only recommend that you have very light dinner, while breaks and meals do them in abundance.And that you avoid carbohydrates with a high glycemic index, white bread type, pasta, rice, potatoes, juices.Those cause a great peak of blood glucose.However, vegetables, legumes can be very useful.Having fiber, they enter very slowly.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/09/2020 4:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.