Glycemic index

sil's profile photo   04/26/2019 10:38 a.m.

Good morning!

A question that arises from me: in addition to rations, do you also calculate the glycemic index of the food you are going to eat?

My nurse told me that it was important, but it has happened to me that seeing high Ig values ​​injecting me more for fear that it will rise much later and I have spent causing hypoglycemia.

Right now I am without looking at the IG (more or less I know which ones are lower or high) but I do not take them into account when injecting myThey ask for it, so I don't know whether or not so important is.With the ratio that put another nurse in the application (not the same one that told me about the IG) has succeeded in full, after eating I am perfect.

sil's profile photo
sil
04/26/2019 10:38 a.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

The glycemic index (IG) indicates the food absorption speed.
In my opinion, I believe that it is not very, very, very important in the calculation of an insulin dose (although it must be known).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/26/2019 11:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The IG is used to calculate the absorption time of carbohydrates, not to calculate the dose as such.It is never good to expose himself to hypoglycemia.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
04/26/2019 1:40 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Thanks for the answers, @Mamarvazq and @Ferle

sil's profile photo
sil
04/26/2019 3:05 p.m.

@sil, I think that counting the glycemic index of carbohydrates is more profitable for firefighters since you can program bolo with bolo wizard, dual or square depending on whether a ration of rice (high index) or a cooked chickpeas and sausages(low index), for example.
And of course, if you eat a good cooked and you get fiasp, a safe hypo, because insulin acts very fast and you have not yet completed the digestion of the cooked (4 maomena hours).

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/26/2019 6:35 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Maybe he told me because we are going to start with education about the bombs to put on a ... then it would be quite helpful to know this data to adjust it well.Thanks @Solaria: Smile:

sil's profile photo
sil
04/26/2019 7:43 p.m.

A faster absorption, faster insulin.Now with Fiasp breakfast will better ,,,,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2019 1:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.