Medtronic replacement 640g

antonio3334's profile photo   09/16/2020 10:35 a.m.

The retention thread has been broken by design default they warned themselves.They tell me replacement in 24h but now they say they don't have 640g to wait for me for a few days, can't they change it for another model?Within a while I will fail me because it is poorly designed.

antonio3334's profile photo
antonio3334
09/16/2020 10:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Antonio3334, the new pump designs 640 no longer bring the white plastic thread, now the thread comes in the same piece, also black.
The same thing happened to me in full confinement and I had no problem receiving the new one.
Of course, I also tried to change it to me for 670 and it didn't slip ...

solaria's profile photo
solaria
09/16/2020 6:36 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Antonio3334 said:
The retention thread by design default they warned themselves.They tell me replacement in 24h but now they say they don't have 640g to wait for me for a few days, can't they change it for another model?Within a while it will fail me because it is poorly designed.

I recently broke the pile cap and I had no problem.I called, and the next day I had a new one.Previously, they changed it to the defect of the alarm sound and it took me some more time, and before, with the paradigm, I think it was 3 days.

In any case, what you should do is return to the slow insulin you will carry before.I always have the old doses at home and noted, just in case.

The new 640 that came to me no longer has the safety ring in plastic of another color, but in black.At first glance it seems like a different design, the ring integrated in the housing itself, but, as @solaria says, it is not.It is the same fudge, but in black.And no, Abbot will not change the model for a different one.For that you have to talk to your diabetologist and you depend on the criteria that your CA health has, or the insurance you have.

Another thing of 640 is that the adjustments must be put by hand, often pain, but I suppose it is for security.What you should do is go to the website, load the pump data using the meter, and generate the PDF report of the adjustments.All this has been updated, and it is almost quite well, it is not the kaos at the beginning.(It is convenient to save the adjustments every time you change them, although the probability that the pump stop working completely does not seem very high.)

Greetings and luck,

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
09/20/2020 12:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.