Weight

rsilbau's profile photo   06/07/2020 2:12 p.m.

Hello, I have only been diabetic, DM1, my trauma is that the more I control the food, the more lame weight, since it injected me it has been too much.Tresiba 36, ​​Novo Rapid 22.20.20 or what I have, I usually get up with 250-290.Thank you.

rsilbau's profile photo
rsilbau
06/07/2020 2:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The first to say that getting up with 250-290, if it's all days, is crazy.From 250, severe hyperglycemia is considered, getting up touching the 300 normal means that you have very poorly controlled diabetes.The first thing you have to do is talk to your endocrine and find out because you have those values ​​and solve it, you should get up with less than 130 after 8 hours of fasting, and if this was not possible (which is not always) minimum with lessof 180. In general you should always be between 80-180, at least as much time as possible.

In fact, if normal rounds, I do not understand how you get weight, because with those normal glycemia you should lose weight that it is one of the symptoms of the hyperglycemia maintained and ketoacidosis.

It is normal to take weight after the debut, I debuted being very thin and took 10 kilos the first two or three years, and then I have continued to take a few more when growing up to place myself in a slight overweight that is almost impossible to control, I do not get fat more, but weight loss is difficult since being diabetic you must be strict to know a lot to control the doses of insulin and hydrates and many other things, beyond your metabolism, insulin base resistance, etc.

But the first thing is the first, you should better control these glycemia and learn to control your time in range, your basal, your insulin ratio ... before thinking about losing weight.Thing that on the other hand could be essential and beneficial to improve your insulin resistance and your glucose in general.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
06/08/2020 2:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.