{'en': 'What changes with sport?', 'es': 'Qué cambia con el deporte?'} Image

What changes with sport?

RodrigoMella's profile photo   05/19/2019 3:35 a.m.

Hello!,

Recently I have DT1, before I do not exercise.Soon I will start I want to turn about 30 min in the middle.

Someone who has that change can tell me what changes to me?

I mean that if the exercise is constant, less insulin is needed in general (less resistance)?

If anyone had to adjust basal doses, etc,

Thank you!

RodrigoMella's profile photo
RodrigoMella
05/19/2019 3:35 a.m.

Lantus 16u 22:00hrs

You have to look how it affects and control the nights.You may have to lower the basal a little, you do tend to be low when you wake up.Although it depends on the intensity and regularity of sport.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/19/2019 1:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It depends a lot from one person to another.In general, aerobic sport, which is what you want to do your glucose.You have to be careful while you do it and also in later hours (up to 24 depending on intensity) can make you more insulin sensitive and give you hypos.It is best to start little by little and see that adjustments need.Always try to do it without active fast (in that case the hypo is almost assured) and you see if you need to lower slowly or just eat something before sport or after.
There is no guideline for everyone, here each body is different.
And weights types usually upload glucose, but also depends a little on each person and intensity.There are people who say that 1kg makes weights to make 30-40 repetitions, that is not intense and does not usually rise.If you make 4-6 repeat to the maximum weight you can, if it is intense and it is likely to go up.You have to try.
It is good to combine some weights or exercises with your weight before and end with cardio.Thus, what you get on the weights with cardio and many times you do not need to eat before exercise.Although later hours you always have to monitor.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/20/2019 1:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I will tell you my experience.Although I am not type 1. if I was treated as such.
Key points
If you are going to do routine, you must monitor before.You should not inject if it is not very high and you will perform exercises that consume too much.For 30 minutes it is not so much.The one that can really give you a downturn is whether you get the fast before exercising.If your basal maintains levels, and does not suffer changes even with exercises, it may be that you could lower it.But as they have said, you have to see how your body reacts to exercise.
The exercise you must start little by little.30 minutes is excellent start.Little by little you increase time = resistance.Then you increase effort = to more calorie burning.

You will see unexpectedly positive changes.Type2 diabetes
500mg / glycosylized metformin 6.2

Before Humalog
And I don't remember the basal.I've been without injections for more than a year.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
05/27/2019 10:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
05/27/2019 10:02 p.m.

Moderate sport is good for everyone's health, whether diabetics or not, I do an hour of bike daily, I alternate with another hour walking, looked at my glucose before starting, I prepare the backpack with juices, gels, cookies,Water, glucometer, everything necessary because hypoglycemia almost always arises, after two or three hours after the exercise, you have to be monitored, there are days that the glucose can rise or on the contrary down, it is difficult to have to always have to be inAlert, and even at night, I usually lower a fast dose in the food, since I do it in the afternoon, it helps me to feel relaxed, to maintain my weight, sleep better, but we need more control than a personNo diabetes.

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
06/04/2019 11:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.