Fluid retention

Diabetik4's profile photo   06/12/2020 4 p.m.

Hello everyone!
I do not know if it happens to you too, but I have heard that the diabeticxs usually happens to you, I don't know how much it is.I speak of fluid retention.From time to time I retain liquids on my face and ankles, and I would like to know if only it happens to me and if you know why it can be?(In case you are related to diabetes)

Diabetik4's profile photo
Diabetik4
06/12/2020 4 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @diabeik4 it has no relationship, and not directly.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
06/12/2020 5:25 p.m.

I have diabetes 2 and I always forget to tell my Dra that I urinate little despite taking a lot of liquid, and my legs swell up and under my ankles, will this be related to diabetes?

ia121224's profile photo
ia121224
07/05/2020 1:51 a.m.

@IA121224

Since you have diabetes 2 and fluid retention what would help you a lot is to play sports regularly.That will help you a lot to control diabetes (with a healthy diet and in your case avoid excess salt) and mobilize blood circulation in legs.A very good option, if you don't like to go to the Gym, is to take long walks.

Making Aquagym, or simply walking in a pool may help you a lot.The movement plus water pressure will help you a lot.But eat it to your doctor.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/05/2020 2:01 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I guess they make you analytical to see how the kidney works, but they would have put some treatment, if that were.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/08/2020 3:21 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I guess they make you analytical to see the functioning of the kidney, although they would have put some treatment if it were for that.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/08/2020 3:23 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Women normally retain liquids with or without diabetes.I from before being diabetic.
The only option is that the doctor prescribes you diuretics (insurance as grandmothers) from time to time to eliminate them but with the months it is retained again

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/08/2020 9:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

You must check, that your face and legs may not be fluid retention, see an angiologist, inflammation in lower extremities can be a sign of a vascular problem, which is very frequent in diabetic patients.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
08/14/2020 7:45 a.m.

It depends on how long you have with diabetes and what age do you have, generally fluid retention is due to the fact that the kidney is not working well, it would be feasible that you have a series of exams including creatinine to see how these are, but like thisSimple view your kidneys must be failing because of a diabetic nephropathy

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
08/18/2020 9:53 p.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.