{'en': 'Guardian Connect or Dexcom G6?', 'es': 'Guardian Connect o Dexcom G6?'} Image

Guardian Connect or Dexcom G6?

Danielita76's profile photo   05/20/2019 12:58 a.m.

Hello!

It seems that Guardian Connect is about to enter in a few months, but in my country they do not sell it and I always depend on people who travel by adding the high price.

I await your comments.

Thank you

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
05/20/2019 12:58 a.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

Guardian if it is an MCG but it has a few pights that you are not in Dexcom.
In Guardian you stop seeing glycemias but calibers, that is, if you have to calibrate and do not calibrate because you do not have the glucometer forget about seeing glycemia.
You have to be within some glycemic margins to calibrate but you cannot so you will see glycemia.
The topic stretch sensors and transmitter because it is not the same, if you do this with G6 the economic difference is wide
According to well -known users in networks that have used both systems G6 measurements are much better.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/21/2019 7:55 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Danielita76, @jconegar, I use the guardian link (no Connect) with Enlite 3 and coincide almost 100 % with capillary glycemia.I am very satisfied with MCG.
Of course, the calibrations is a total fattening.
I used Dexcom G4 (no G6), and I prefer Medtronic's.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/21/2019 11:41 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@danielita76, @jconegar, I use the guardian link (no connect) with Enlite 3 and coincide almost 100 % with capillary glycemia.I am very satisfied with MCG.
Of course, the calibrations is a total fattening.
I used Dexcom G4 (no G6), and I prefer Medtronic's.

I do not speak of Dexcom G4 but of Dexcom G6, perhaps if you use a Dexcom G6 that is the latest model ... I have commented on what is commented on international forums of people who have used G6 and Guardian and have compared.

I cannot talk about Enlite 3 because I miss any idea, but only because of the theme of calibrations, the system must be changed.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/21/2019 11:45 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar, of course, I know that the MRD of the G4/G6!
But I wanted to say that I am very satisfied with my Enlite 3.
Greetings and always, many successes!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/21/2019 12:08 p.m.

jconegar said:
guardian if it is a mcg but has a few pights that you are not in Dexcom.
In Guardian you stop seeing glycemias but calibers, that is, if you have to calibrate and do not calibrate because you do not have the glucometer forget about seeing glycemia.
You have to be within some glycemic margins to calibrate but you cannot so you will see glycemia.
The topic stretch sensors and transmitter because it is not the same, if you do this with G6 the economic difference is wide
According to well -known users in networks that have used both systems G6 measurements are much better.

I precisely discarded Guardian Connect, which although I painted very well and prices are really competitive the issue of doing 2 calibrations every 12 hours at the risk of staying without seeing the glycemia threw me back.- It is fine that I ask you to calibrateBut if you cannot calibrate, why are we not robots and you can catch you anywhere or doing activity in which it is not possible and stop receiving blood glucose seems like a total delay.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/21/2019 12:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@sigsauer, very cumbersome about calibrations.... But the predictive stops is the blessed glory.The first months I lowered 4 kilos, that I was not left over, but I am divine.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/21/2019 12:49 p.m.

Thanks for your comments!With the G6 I am very happy, my six -year -old son has been and although he knows how to make the capillary scares me a little left without the measurements!Can't you have two transmitters to avoid wasting time to recharge?In my country they do not sell G6 and I always depend on people who travel added to that is very expensive ... and to stretch ... more than five days with luck I do not arrive ... but the simple and precise give me peace of mind!I will evaluate !!!!

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
05/21/2019 1:02 p.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

solar said:
@jconegar, of course, I know that you cannot compare the MRD of the G4/G6!.
But I wanted to say that I am very satisfied with my Enlite 3.
Greetings and always, many successes!

Only a theoretical fact (which each one has their point of view), the MRD of the G4 (with 505 software, which in Europe there is, has to be an updated American receiver), that of the G5 and that of the G6 is isthe same, 9%.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/24/2019 11:56 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Danielita76 said:
Thank you for your comments!With the G6 I am very happy, my six -year -old son has been and although he knows how to make the capillary scares me a little left without the measurements!Can't you have two transmitters to avoid wasting time to recharge?In my country they do not sell G6 and I always depend on people who travel added to that is very expensive ... and to stretch ... more than five days with luck I do not arrive ... but the simple and precise give me peace of mind!I will evaluate !!!!

Hello,

Can you say until the Dexcom G6 sensors last?

fer123's profile photo
fer123
10/06/2019 7:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.