New in Freestyle

Gijonessugar1984's profile photo   09/18/2020 3:14 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone

This morning they called me to meet tomorrow morning to in principle debut with the Frestyle, and although I already knew they were going to call me since my endocrine already told me, now I have the questions, and seen that you can putIn more parts than in the arm, that was one of my questions.

The other question is, if you can use to do, to me the truth is a sport that I like and I practice it 3 times a week for 45min every day.

Thank you very much

Gijonessugar1984's profile photo
Gijonessugar1984
09/18/2020 3:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Gijon, all those questions will be solved in the previous course that you have to give you before the sensors give you, in any case, yes, you can swim and yes, it can be put in other parts apart from the arm.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/18/2020 4:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Ah.Thank you very much, I asked the endocrine when he told me, and he told me that he was not going very well with swimming and that it was unfeasible.

Gijonessugar1984
09/18/2020 4:18 p.m.

The sensor can be submerged up to half an hour according to the laboratory's instructions but if you cover it with a water resistant patch, you can spend more time and still, there are people who immerse themselves without covering it for more than half an hour and nothing happens.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/18/2020 4:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Gijonessugar1984

I think it depends a lot on your skin and how long you are in the water.

I was on the beach with the Abbott sensor up to 1 h swimming in the sea and put a tegaderm and a kinesio tape on top to make sure.And I had no problems.It's a matter of trying what works for you.But don't leave swimming

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/18/2020 9:16 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

In the end today I went and they already put it to me, it is a joy, what I notice is a rare thing in the body as a concrete or a thing that is not described, is that normal?

Gijonessugar1984
09/19/2020 3:42 p.m.

gijoneSugar1984 said:
In the end I went and already put it to me, it is a joy, what I notice is a rare thing in the body as an ant or one thing that is not described, thatIs it normal?

I would say no.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
09/19/2020 4:55 p.m.

I think it is because I put it in the belly, and I am as something tense I am afraid that I fall, and that's why I notice something strange, in fact it is something new.

Gijonessugar1984
09/19/2020 7:53 p.m.

gijonessugar1984 said:
I think it's because I put it in the belly, and I'm like something tense I am afraid of falling, and that's why I notice something strange, in fact it is something new./Blockquote>

The best thing is that you put it in where the manufacturer indicates, in this case, the arm.

DavidAG2000
09/19/2020 8:16 p.m.

Well if you work in your belly!

In theory I think I remember that Abbott recommended the arm, on the back.There are also people who put it in the thigh, upper zone, and in the buttocks, side areas.

I put Dexcom in the belly.

The important thing is that it works

Never, never, you put an insulin correction without first making capillary check in blood!If the sensor gave you a reading error, that can cause you hypoglycemia.

And during the first days make controls to know if the sensor goes well.Always at 3 h after a meal when you are stable.

The opposite error, that the sensor says that you are low and you are not really, and eat something without controlling is not so serious.

You will have to learn to use the head sensor.Remember that it has a delay of about 20 m.That is, if you eat carbohydrates, the sensor took that time more or less to pick it up.That is very important that you remember it!With the sensor you have to avoid reactions

jldiazdel
09/19/2020 9 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
good if it works in the belly!

In theory I think I remember that Abbott recommended the arm, on the back.There are also people who put it in the thigh, upper zone, and in the buttocks, side areas.

I put Dexcom in the belly.

The important thing is that it works

Never, never, you put an insulin correction without first making capillary check in blood!If the sensor gave you a reading error, that can cause you hypoglycemia.

And during the first days make controls to know if the sensor goes well.Always at 3 h after a meal when you are stable.

The opposite error, that the sensor says that you are low and you are not really, and eat something without controlling is not so serious.

You will have to learn to use the head sensor.Remember that it has a delay of about 20 m.That is, if you eat carbohydrates, the sensor took that time more or less to pick it up.That is very important that you remember it!With the sensor you have to avoid reactions

The difference is that Dexcom recommends putting your sensors on the arm and belly.ABBOTT's only recommend the arm for yours.

DavidAG2000
09/19/2020 10:22 p.m.

The educator told me that I could put it on my thighs, the belly and in the arms, so today to start I chose the belly, I am doing tests between capillary and the Frestyle and there a 15mg difference.

The one you have, does not subsidize social security, right?

Gijonessugar1984
09/19/2020 10:46 p.m.

Now for example look at the sugar:
Freestyle: 140mg/dl
One Touch Select Plus: 146mg/dl

Gijonessugar1984
09/19/2020 10:49 p.m.

Then it works very well !!

I believe that Dexcom is subsidized by the social according to the community and the patient's situation.You have to ask your endocrine.

Remember check when you are more or less stable and do not have carbohydrates or active insulin.In other words, you can make some check before eating or after 2 hours and a half.But if the sensor works well you will save many punctures!

All the best

jldiazdel
09/20/2020 9:46 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have more than 70 sensors and I have always placed the back of the arms.Without problems.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
09/20/2020 12:42 p.m.

Well, in 3 years, I think that in my arm I put on the first 6: P: P: P

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
09/28/2020 9:01 p.m.

To me now in the belly it is perfect, and it marks the same blood glucose as the capillary

Gijonessugar1984
09/28/2020 11:05 p.m.

Well, since I tried at the top of the glute, I have not put it in my arm.The measurements are correct and nothing hinders me (I do not give myself with the doors frames or take it ahead with my bag).

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/29/2020 8:41 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

They gave them to me on Tuesday 29 and they told me that in my arms, but since I have been paying them for 4 years, I already told the educator that gluteus or legs, never arms;She tells me that there are people who carry them in the abdomen and measure well, but I spend my sitting and bother me.Also in my chest he told me that they are doing very well, but Yuyu gives me there.
I have only put 2 in my arms, very at the beginning, the first 2 and fell with blows with doors and when putting on a backpack.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/02/2020 1:43 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It happens to me as to Ruthbia, I put on the first ones in my arm, they gave them to me for the first time, but I hooked two on the doors and with my backpack in summer that you go with short or sleeveless sleeve, I tried in the buttock and delighted,I don't get hooked and it is comfortable.In the thighs I have not tried, it is good, Ruthbia?, It does not sign up too much with the jeans or with a little more tight clothes?, Although thinking good, that tb happens in the buttock, hahaha.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/08/2020 11:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.