Query gestational diabetes

Antea76's profile photo   09/18/2020 9:53 p.m.

Good afternoon,
I am pregnant with 35 +2, and I was diagnosed as a diabetic because I vomited in the 3 -hour glucose test, and in the first section the value had been 163. It spent almost a month since they made me the O'Sullivan (whichHe gave 176) until they did the three -hour test ... as I vomited, they gave me a glucometer, and I have been measuring the values ​​since then (mid -August).On some occasions, the levels came out high before eating and/or dinner, I blamed him for not spent enough time since I had deserved, and the amount they put on the diet was too much.I managed to control it by taking a yogurt or a piece of fruit without more, and during these 15 days I have not had any problem, even if I take any mini ice cream ... the values ​​are always within the limits.I never have altered values ​​before breakfast ... and until today either after meals.
However, today I have taken for breakfast a turkey sandwich and a liquid yogurt, I am getting up a little late and I do not have time to take anything in the middle of the morning, and I have a value of 141 later, and 100 before themeal.I have eaten homemate and a peach.Maybe the cannelloni were not a good option, but I had nothing else.After eating the values ​​they have gone well, 107. I have not been able to snack, and before dinner, the levels were in 97.
I don't know if I should worry, obviously the breakfast option has not been good, but I don't know if these values ​​can affect the baby.
Diabetes has been detected too late, and the truth is that I am quite worried.
On Monday I was in the gynecologist, and the baby's weight was 2,400.Doctors do not seem very concerned about these values, but I don't know what consequences these alterations can have.The endocrine does not see me until the end of the month, and I have the caesarean section scheduled for the week of October 7.
Thank you very much for your answers.

Antea76's profile photo
Antea76
09/18/2020 9:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Antea76

Except for the value of 141, the other readings are very good.Well and 141 if it is punctual it is not
a lot.Mind yourself after meals at 2 or 3 hours.At that time if you should be about 100. Everything that is around 100 is perfect in your case.

Avoid abusing pasta, rice, potatoes and bread.And of course the juices or sugary drinks.They are very fast action carbohydrates and try to eat very varied and always with protein and fat and fiber.That slows the absorption of carbohydrates and will help you improve your glycemia.

Greetings and courage you have little left

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/19/2020 9:19 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you so much,
Yes I generally have it very controlled, in fact my diet has barely varied with the one before the diet, because at the meals I was already used to taking protein, vegetables and always rye bread ... the only thing that has changed is that thePasta and rice are now integral, and I take three times a week as they told me.Yesterday, it dislodged because it had never happened to me after eating ... and before, I related it as I said with the time that had passed between intake and measurement.Juices and soft drinks ... in very exceptional conditions.After the meals I have never measured at two hours, because I was generally fine ... I will happen again ... although thinking about it, yesterday when I measured before eating, two hours had passed since the previous one and thevalue was 100.
They give us so little information and I am so afraid that something affects the baby ... Thank you very much again for your answer

Antea76's profile photo
Antea76
09/19/2020 9:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.