{'en': 'Freestyle sensors', 'es': 'Sensores freestyle'} Image

Freestyle sensors

Aruky's profile photo   05/23/2019 1:30 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone,

I would like to make a query if someone has any knowledge about this.

It turns out that by not being able to ask for new customers the freestyle sensors in Spain I have investigated in another countries.

They already told me here to buy them in Portugal and the truth is that although I do not catch me near my city this summer I will go on vacation there and I will take advantage to buy some.

Also in Andorra they sell it at the same price as in Spain more evidently shipping costs (it is through an online pharmacy) and on the other hand in France, also in pharmacies it sells them (even much cheaper than in Spain).

I have my brother who lives in Paris and wants to send me a sensor to try it to see how it is.

Here comes my question ... Do you know if the sensors of other countries give a problem with the freestyle they give me here in Spain ???

My educator has the machine to give it to me but the sensors obviously have to buy them.

I do not want to spend 60 or 70 euros in the French sensor so that when you get here it does not use or is not compatible with the meter here (then I could not change it as usually done in Spain with Abbott when a sensor comes badly).See if someone can get me out of doubt.

Thank you.

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/23/2019 1:30 p.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

They are the same

RAFAZA's profile photo
RAFAZA
05/23/2019 2:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I understand that the sensors are the same, in fact the users who comment here that they buy them in Portugal say they work the same.What I do not know is the issue that if it fails or any problem with the sensor they change it by not really being a client, at least if I have had a problem the first thing they ask me is my mail to verify that I have an account and I amClient, and of course claim to France can be something more expensive ...

sil's profile photo
sil
05/23/2019 8:57 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Anyway I do not know how they will do not have an account, but social security will finance the sensors.My educator told me last week that the idea is that all DM1 at the end of 2020 be financed with a sensor, I understand that customers and not customers.

sil's profile photo
sil
05/23/2019 8:59 p.m.

I am a client but since they created the mobile app is indifferent the country of purchase because mobiles can be anyone with NFC compatible with their app.
You can activate the sensor directly with the mobile, it is better than the glucometer because if you register in Libreview, the graphs are direct and the reports.
You can also use Glimp S to activate and glimp to measure.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/24/2019 8:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello good evening,

To this day I have been buying sensors in Hendaya and reader is French.If you have any problem with the sensors and you do not have an endocrine, doctor or home, do not replace the sensor.

Yesterday I was in the doctor and for being on honeymoon I requested that they put the freestyle and have given me, but only the sensors.
Call Abbott and tell them that the reader was French, they told me that if something happens with a sensor (Spanish) they do not take care of a replacement.
They also told me that the updates that may be to futures will not be the same for the two countries.

I hope I have explained to me and that it has been helpful.

Denas's profile photo
Denas
05/24/2019 9 p.m.

Thank you all for the information.It is true that in France 40 euros are worth and as I have family, I can send it to me I want to take advantage of to try it.It is difficult to adapt to its use and learn it (as an example the use of the pump that I require for a while to understand the management and interpret the signals) or is it learned quickly and the results are noticed?I would like to use it for a pregnancy since Aunk my hem is not bad if I could lower it one more pelin before getting pregnant would be ideal.Thank you

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/25/2019 2:23 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

@"Araceli Iglesias Arroyo".Freestyle is absolutely easy.The easiest of all.They always say that there is a measurement system for each user, and in your case that the need is to control the glycemia increases, the freestyle is perfect.Those who use other meters, is basically due to alarms to avoid inadvertent hypoglycemia.Greetings and success in your motherhood.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/25/2019 12:08 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Araceli Iglesias Arroyo said:
It is difficult to adapt to its use and learn it (as x example the use of the pump that I require for a while until you understand the handling and interpret the signals) or you learn quickly andare the results notice?

It is very simple to use, it requires only the reader on it.The only thing to keep in mind that it is an interstitial measurement and not capillary so there can sometimes be differences between the values ​​according to the measurement you make (sensor or finger).But for the rest it does not require more adaptation: wink:

sil's profile photo
sil
05/25/2019 5:22 p.m.

Hi, I first put on a France sensor that brought me a relative for the first time.And also for the first time I put it
in the buttock (because I have mammography tomorrow and so try).
Everything has gone until last night that started marking the sensor error and finally exhausted sensor missing 5 days to really end.It has never happened to me with those bought in Spain.So I don't know if it can be in the area put (I think not) or because it is defective.So, go chance!and claim I can't if you are bought in France.
Greetings

091975's profile photo
05/26/2019 9:43 a.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

Tell your endocrine and make the application ... to approve the device.
A relative told his endocrine and I process the device.
He has it already running about 15 days ago.
Luck.

ICEMANN's profile photo
ICEMANN
05/26/2019 12:41 p.m.

The machine has its adaptation period depending on each individual ...
Glucose measurement with conventional vs freestyle mode ... has an oscillation of about 10-30 mgl.

ICEMANN's profile photo
ICEMANN
05/26/2019 12:44 p.m.

091975 said:
Hello, I first put a France sensor for the first time that brought me a relative.And also for the first time I put it
Everything has gone until last night that started marking the sensor error and finally exhausted sensor missing 5 days to really end.It has never happened to me with those bought in Spain.So I don't know if it can be in the area put (I think not) or because it is defective.So, go chance!and claim I can't if you are bought in France.
Greetings

You should never place the patch in an area other than the arm and I recommend you in the posterior area of ​​the arm for convenience and danger of getting rid of contact.Greetings.

ICEMANN's profile photo
ICEMANN
05/26/2019 12:47 p.m.

091975 said:
Hello, I first put a France sensor for the first time that brought me a relative.And also for the first time I put it
Greetings

It has been bad luck, it came out frog, it is not in the area, I have been using it in gluteo.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
05/26/2019 7:16 p.m.

amiranda said:
I do not have a Abbott account yet and those that I have been using since mid -March are or from France online pharmacies or some pharmacy when I go to Paris (40 euros).What I use to measure is my phone (iPhone X) with the installed app, and it is phenomenal.I have not had any problems.

Can you tell me what pharmacy do you buy?Thank you

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
05/26/2019 7:17 p.m.

Hello,
@Merchedm in which part of the gluteo do you put the sensor?

belcp's profile photo
belcp
05/27/2019 7:51 a.m.

Thank you all for your answers.I'm going to ask this week and I will try it to see how it is doing.I will tell you my experience :) Merchedm in Tufarmaciavirtual.com that I think it is from Andorra they sell it and at www.soin-et-nature.com that is French also sell it.

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/27/2019 10:18 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

@Merchedm, because bad luck, I was already surprised that it would never have happened to me.
@Icemann I put it in the buttock because I read in another thread experiences that I was doing very well.
Thank you

091975's profile photo
05/27/2019 5:05 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

Belcp said:
Hello,
@Merchedm in which part of the gluteo do you put the sensor?

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
05/27/2019 7:32 p.m.

@Merchedm is not uncomfortable when sitting?Does it notice carrying it there?

sil's profile photo
sil
05/27/2019 7:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.