{'en': 'Suddenly each meal goes up to more than 300', 'es': 'De golpe me sube cada comida a más de 300'} Image

Suddenly each meal goes up to more than 300

Jotabono's profile photo   05/28/2019 12:33 a.m.

Hello good!

Well, I've been like type 1 for 6 months. First it was super easy, I started lowering the dose of the lantus and puncturing me 12, and for each meal, between 8 and 10. In each meal consumption between 5 and 6 portions of hydrates (someOnce something else happened and consumption, especially in restaurants).

Well, until now I had not cost me almost anything to control my glucose, sometimes 250 peaks, but correction and voila.

Lately, food and dinner are going up to more than 300. I have been raising the dose of Lantus, now I am in 20 and yet it is going up a lot, I have to correct myself.

For example, in the morning a sandwich of 80 grams of bread and a milk brick (5 rations).I get between 10 and 12 quickly (Humalog), depending on how before breakfast.And at 2 hours I usually be at more than 300 too!Then, touches 4-5 dose correction, and if you tell it, I have put myself at the end between 15 and 17 fast, for breakfast ...

Then at eating, I arrive with the active correction, I get 8-10 and go up less, consuming 6 portions.The meals at noon is what costs me least to control.

And at night the same as in the morning.I ended up correcting me before clicking the Lantus (before sleeping), which can be dangerous ...

Any suggestion?I have to go up lantus even more?Before with 12 I was doing well, now with 20 of Lantus and the fast I have told you, I am very high.

A while ago I have done the glucose test in my urine and it was very high!

The brown color, which means between 1000 and 2000 ... I am scared because I try to carry it as well as possible, but there is no way ...: S and when I get into normal values, it is because I am down and I have to go backhypos or possible hypos.

Is the first year of diabetes normal to take it out of uncontrolled?

Thank you!

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
05/28/2019 12:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Go to the endocrine, paint your honeymoon end.
While giving you an appointment, the Lantus goes up that, since it does not cover 24 hours you will have to put it twice.
For example, 12 uds night and 2ud in the morning, the total a day is 14 units.
It is clear that you lack basal insulin.
Go up 2 uds for 3 days and if you continue in 300, another 2 units.In fact, the basal is not seen until 3 days pass.

But see the endocrine or your header.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/28/2019 7:40 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If you are 300 after meals you are not slow.In the morning there is more insulin resistance Try to get the quick half an hour before breakfast.
What time do you get Lantus?You have to look if you cover you 24h.It is achieved by controlling you many times when you are in the 19 or 20 hour, then in 21, ... there you will see if you have or not basal insulin in your body.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/28/2019 1:31 p.m.

As you have told you, the first thing to endo ...
If these time with those high values ​​and the urine test is also high, you will surely believe ketonic bodies so it costs even more lower levels.
Although you possibly need to adjust slowly, try playing with meal times with the ràpida.
I understand that you do not use any MCG and do not get bad (colds, allergies ...) lately, that makes everything shoot.

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
05/28/2019 3:10 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

If ascents are after meals, you will have to upload the quick.
If they are when you wake up, you will have to climb the slow one.
When the honeymoon ends, dose must be readjusted.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/28/2019 3:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The thing is that without eating, in the morning I am going up, even if I have put the slow before bedtime.I usually have breakfast about 10:30 and get up at 7:30, well, in those three hours the same step of 150 to 230 easy, without eating, or anything.And with the active basal.

Then at night, I notice that I begin to get on again around 21, before dinner, I suppose that there is no longer basal.

Tomorrow I will call the endocrine and see how they adjust to me.

Thank you.

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
05/28/2019 8:19 p.m.

If you get up at 7:30 and breakfast at 10:30 can be perfectly a somewhat delayed ALBA effect, some days it also happens to me although in those 3 hours we do not know what you do, if you work, what kind ofWork (of strength, stress etc ..) If you study or if you go to the gym, they can be one hundred things.- Anyway, if Lantus does not cover you, tell him that you want to try toujeo or threeiba, in my hospital they have stopped prescribing Lantus forA few months to people who start in type 1.- diabetes

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/28/2019 8:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.