Doubt with peptide C and honeymoon

Jaime37's profile photo   06/09/2019 10:46 a.m.

When they started giving me insulin, I had a b 0.50, in the previous analyzes, I always had 0.80 in all, which was the minimum limit, and by lowering more and several antibodies, it is when they began to give it to me, telling me thatIt was a stray guy

The fact is that after 5 months using insulin with more or less fortune, some very high values, others very low, very high at night, very high after breakfast, etc etc, derrepent and without explanation it seems that insulin has startedTo take effect well, even too well, it seems that I almost do not need quickly, only 2 units at breakfast at food and at dinner 2 or none. (slowly I put the same and do not give me hypos)

Before the consultation with the endocrine I do analysis that sent me and I see that the c peptide has been put at 2.30, levels of a normal person.
As I have not read cases of spontaneous healing, is it possible that this is the famous honeymoon?
They had discovered diabetes 3 years ago, they thought it was a type 2, and after giving all kinds of pills without any effective result, 5 months ago they started insulin, they changed it a couple of times and now I am withBasaglar for a month and a half (slow, the fast was always Humalog).
That said, this is the honeymoon?, The consultation with the endocrine is still in a couple of weeks

I forgot, the glycosilada is at 6.2

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
06/09/2019 10:46 a.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

Yes look like honey, after the pancreas receives the help of insulin.But maybe it lasts like this for a long time.
Luck!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/09/2019 12:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As you have already told you, I also think it is a honeymoon.
You have to know that the C peptide is eliminated 69% in the urine, so if you have any problem with this, the C peptide will accumulate in the blood.
And also that patients with insulinomas have high levels of C and insulin peptide, in contrast to patients with grave hypoglycemia by the exogenous administration of insulin (low C peptide, high insulin).Sulfonylureas ingestion can mimicize the effects of an insulinoma, because these drugs stimulate insulin secretion, C and proinsulin peptide.
More information at: Link

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
06/09/2019 1:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.