There is a relationship between diabetes and cancer

Marybe  Days's profile photo   06/13/2019 10:26 p.m.

In a diabetes magazine I read that there was a certain cancer relationship in diabetics that used insulin Glargina, I know several cases,

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
06/13/2019 10:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If it were tested, they would prohibit it.And they would not get toujeo.
I do not know if the cases you know are type1 or 2. Obesity can influence.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/13/2019 10:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The cases I know are of type 1 and with several years of evolution of diabetes, some exceeded cancer and others did not have that luck.

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
06/13/2019 10:55 p.m.

When you say that you know several cases of type 1 diabetes I don't know how many do you mean, 2, 5, 10 .. ??I know many more cases of people with cancer who did not have or have any type of diabetes or know what glargine is, without more.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/13/2019 11:01 p.m.

@"Marybe Days" in the years that the forum has been running, it is the first time that I see someone raises the relationship between diabetes and cancer, the only close reference so far, was the problem that was with the inhaled insulin AFREZZA, which, whichIt was detected that it could cause cancer and its withdrawal was very popular.

Personally, I think like the rest of the people who have already answered you, nor do I see the relationship, nor has the subject been raised in a serious study ... If you have more data, I would be happy to read them.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/14/2019 9:26 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I personally do not believe it.
Lately everything produces cancer and I don't know diabetics with cancer.
We will have to read more in magazines

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/15/2019 9:49 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I personally do not believe it.
Lately everything produces cancer and I don't know diabetics with cancer.
We will have to read more in magazines

Until looking at the neighbor gives cancer 😅

What we were missing, that insulin was marketed that produces cancer ...

sil's profile photo
sil
06/15/2019 8:59 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Marybe Days said:
In a diabetes magazine I read that there was a certain relationship of diabetics in diabetics that used insulin glargine, I know several cases,

I would like to know what study they have come to the conclusion that it is insulin that has produced cancer and not other agents.Or in the cases you know ...

sil's profile photo
sil
06/15/2019 9:19 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Link

It seems that there are studies that indicate that we have as 20% more likely to suffer from cancer.

Although there are other factors that influence diabetes ... for example, for colon cancer, exercise decreases the probabilities by 50%

So if statistics obsess us, it is best to think that healthy life habits that tend to control diabetes will tend to compensate for that greatest risk.Although, patients from studies are also presupposed healthy habits.

In short, the possibilities of developing cancer increases between 1 and 2 points.Mom's goes from 8 to 9% approx, and prostate from 14 to 16%

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
06/16/2019 11:49 a.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.