Diagnosis doubt

yoan's profile photo   07/11/2020 1:55 a.m.

Hello, 15 months ago I had a crisis like hypoglycemia (it was not diabetic or used any medication), it was after drinking a very loaded drink of sugar, I think they call it reactive hypoglycemia (I had all the symptoms but I never mediated how much I hadSugar at that time or lost knowledge).In giving birth to a periods of decompensation, I lost a lot of weight, constantly urinated, a lot of weakness, etc.In the analyzes the tolerance test of 2 hours gave me 241 (diabetes criteria), but the glycocilada and fasting repeatedly gave normal occasions and in the subsequent months.I never repeated the tolerance test, in fact I felt super bad the day I did.

Somehow I replied of that, and every so often I took the sugar on an empty stomach and occasional and has never given or prediabetes, that is, it has been normal.

But now this week I had a similar crisis, but there are already three kind of fatigue as if they were hypoglycemia in recent days.This time I have measured and had in an 81, in another 85, and last night 103, the first two were in the afternoon and the last in the early morning.

I have been measuring 2 hours after eating and the top I have had is 138, and on average 110. However, I persist with the strong symptoms of hypoglycemia at 3 or 4 time of having eaten, and it improves me when assomething.I repeat I do not take insulin or anything else.

The doctor again sent me to work, including the 2 -hour test of glucose tolerance in which I was altered more than a year ago.I have read that there is a "reactive hypoglycemia" term that may fit with mine, but not so much because it has never lowered 80 and the criterion is 70 for the hypo.

Excuse the extension but I wanted to know if they have a notion of whether or not a diabetes with fasting diabetes and normal glycocilated hemoglobin based only on the criteria of the 2 -hour intolerance test is diagnosed?

And if someone has or knows of these events of reactive hypoglycemia but with normal values.Eye for me average they are not normal, I had never measured the sugar x below 94, and now I meet those measurements of 81 and 85. In the last month I have also been having stomach problems, and well the confinementdomestic by Covid.

Greetings.

yoan's profile photo
yoan
07/11/2020 1:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You could be suffering from pre-diabetes (with metabolic syndrome) that in a few years could lead to diagnostic diabetes, but today, no one can assure you diabetes with postprandial alterations, but not preprandial, glucose.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/11/2020 11:07 a.m.

@yoan

If you do not get off 80 and you are not bad and dizzy I don't see much problem.You have not really suffered hypoglycemia.
A classic diabetes indicator is weight loss (because carbohydrates go to the blood and body strip of fat) and a lot of thirst.In your case, for what you say about the values ​​after eating it does not seem like that.

But stomach discomforts could indicate that there is something that you eat and do not digest well.It could be a lactose intolerance of milk or gluten of bread / pasta.Maybe it would not be to look at you an endocrine or internist to check if you have any food intolerance.And it would not be a complete medical check -up, especially a blood and urine analytical as complete as possible.

I hope better

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/11/2020 11:44 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much for your answers.Last night before bed I mediate me and I had it in 96 and when I woke up today in 94, and so I feel weak.It is true that some time ago every time I take a milk, especially yogurt, my stomach be disagreed, as if Iirita, I start with noise all the time, returns and diarrhea, right now I am like this and 4 days ago I take yogurt, somethingSimilar with white bread.Apparently if those foods are hurting me, which I don't know to what extent these symptoms can be explained from that.
I have not had a loss of weight or I am urinating more than usual or I am thirsty.In last year's crisis if I had all that for what I was convinced of a diabetes.
If I am going to make a complete analysis of blood, urine, etc.The doctor who attended me also suspected that it can be something related to thyroid or an anxiety issue.
Thank you very much for your comments.

yoan's profile photo
yoan
07/11/2020 3:22 p.m.

@yoan I am diagnosed exclusively by glucose tolerance tests (they made me 2 with a difference and very bad result in both).

My basal glucose, until now, has always been well (the highest a 115 or so and practically no day I get up over 95).

How they tell you, 80 is not hypoglycemia.In my first months of starting the diagnosis, I ever had 40 and something and many around 50 ... I have already controlled those situations more or less.

anif's profile photo
anif
07/11/2020 4:16 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Hello, thank you very much for your answer, in reality when I did that exam I went with the results to several doctors (clinical and endocrine) but I did not diagnose diabetes, apparently they were based more on the other tests, if they told me that it was prediabetes andthat had to do diet and exercises, but no medicines.In fact, the endocrine did not pay so much attention to that test and worried more about a possible perblema with the thyroids PQ one of the results was a bit altered.And they sent you to use insulin?So are the hypoglycemia that give you?

Greetings.

yoan's profile photo
yoan
07/11/2020 4:26 p.m.

To me with the results of the first curve they did not send me medications, but when I made the second curve, I saw another doctor and he considered it convenient to send me metformin (1 850 pill a day, which is little medication).

Insulin is used when the pancreas does not produce it (type 1 diabetes or advanced type 2 diabetes cases), I do not need it, my body generates it (sometimes in excess and from there the hypos).

That they look at you with the thyroid that may be altering something else ...

anif's profile photo
anif
07/11/2020 4:42 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.