{'en': 'Freestyle free, will have an update that will increase accuracy', 'es': 'Freestyle Libre, tendrá una actualización que aumentará la exactitud'} Image

Freestyle free, will have an update that will increase accuracy

fer's profile photo   06/21/2019 10:15 a.m.

The Abbott Diabetes Care company has communicated an update of the free freeyle reader, and its software.An update that has improved the current algorithm of the flash monitoring system improving two points:

- Greater accuracy since day 1, being the sensor readings even closer to blood glucose.Recall that flash measurement is performed in the patient's interstitial fat.

- Increases the accuracy of the analyzes throughout the period of use of the sensor, the 14 days that it is hard.

According to Abbott, accuracy is clinically tested, it is stable and consistent during the 14 days of use of the sensor without the need to calibrate the sensor with punctures on the fingers.

According to the clinical study, the update achieves greater accuracy in 100 % of the glucose results in areas A and B of the Grid Error of consensus, 89.1 % of glucose data in zone A1 being.This study also confirms that they improve 90.6% of glucose results in ± 20mg/dl in the low range (less than 80mg/dl) 2.And 9.5% Mard for 14 days.Recall that MRD is the value that measures the accuracy of a sensor as a percentage and means what difference between the measurements of the system to be measured with respect to another reference system.

What do free freeyle users have to do to get even more accuracy?

In order to get the most out of the free freestyle update, what users should do is to update the freeLink Freestyle app and the free freestyle reader software.

Freestyle freeLink app can be updated even if the user currently has an active sensor.The update can be done through the web, www.freestylelibre.com/app or if the user already uses freeLink App and has activated automatic updates on their mobile will be automatically updated.

Free Freestyle reader update should only be done through a computer on the website www.freestylelibre.com/update and follow the screen instructions.

From Abbott Diabetes Care they remind us that the free freestyle reader update should be performed before starting a new sensor.If the free freestyle reader is updated while wearing an active sensor, that sensor with the free freestyle reader cannot be re -scanned again.But you can continue scanning that active sensor with a mobile, through the freeLink Freestyle app.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/21/2019 10:15 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello, when I started 5 days ago it was very accurate (difference less than 10) but from the update they have launched it gives me a difference of -30 or -50 more on some occasion, in some occasion it gives me hiccum what maybe I am the bestat 90-100: s
I am using the LibreLink application on the iPhone and the graph with that difference I get practically red as if I had hypos when it is not so.
Has anyone else happened to me than me?The truth is frustrating

belcp's profile photo
belcp
06/21/2019 10:44 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I had not learned about the update, although it is true use of the app lately.

Abbott's are "nice."For those who do not know, the app (and the pot) work more or less like this:

The pot takes a sample of interstitial fluid.From there he draws a value called "RAWBG" that is nothing other than your "gross" value of glucose.Then Abbott (with its app / pot) applies a private algorithm that converts that raw value to what we see on the screen.I imagine that it will be the algorithm that has been changed.

This has 2 sticks:

- If you do not use Abbott's reader, you will not get the same results (this does not mean that Abbott's is the good and the bad rest).
- This final result does not have to be accurate and cannot be calibrated.

This is especially seen if a myomiao or similar is attached, where the values ​​it throws are different from whether the reader passes.

So the Freestyle gives 50 Rawbg, the freestyle app of 80 and with myomiao (spike / xdrip / ...) let's see 60. Neither the 80 nor the 60 is "the best", are 2 interpretations of the value that you give youThe sensor.You are the same in 70, neither for one, nor for the other.

This is where the calibration enters.Calibration is something like saying: "Hey, if it gives you 50, in my body it means 70 and no 80 or 60".Freestyle however they want to sell it, it is not a "without calibration" sensor, what happens is that they want to sell it as an easy -to -use sensor and the algorithm it brings (which is not bad) because it gives you its best interpretation.The problem is that you have to stay yes or yes, you can't calibrate.

If you use alternative applications, myomiao (or similar) you can add calibrations by hand and get more precise results in the long run.Even so, it would be good to "start" with the same basis as the official reader, but of course, these large companies care about money, not share knowledge to make your life better.

In summary, unless you calibrate (1-2 clicks on your finger when you are stable), which of the Freestyle app is an approximation (quite good).

What a parrafada I just released: Expressionless:

Foxandxss's profile photo
Foxandxss
06/21/2019 11:46 a.m.

Much times we calibrate fully trusting the reading of our glycometer capìlar when it in 2 consecutive measures with the same drop of blood can give values ​​+/- 25mg/dl up down, with which of them we stay ..?with the capillary or with the interstitial ..?Much times I trust the result of free+miaomiao than of the capillary glucometer itself.-

I have updated FreeLink and I do not notice anything special, it may be that in high values ​​it does not go as above as it was before it was as if it added another 40mg/dl when you were above the objective.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/21/2019 1:35 p.m.

Today I just received an Abbott email saying that there is an update available for the app and the free reader

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
06/24/2019 12:23 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

For at least 2 sensors if I see it more accurate, even than XDrip with Miao, I just update the XDrip version to see if it corrects it ...
The app already had it updated when I received Abbott's email, but the reader does not and give the same reading ...
I don't know, I think the changes are internal to the sensor, not so much the app or reader.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
06/26/2019 8:51 p.m.

@Merchedm I think they have "touched", I don't know if the freeLink algorithm is improved (the sensors are the same), to me if it is finer comparing me with the capbott hair glucometer;But in the end, the problem that people complain is most of the differences between the freeCapillary algorithm of Abbott's glucometers;

It would be interesting that someone who has a capillary glucometer that is not from Abbott could tell us if there are more or less differences from the LibreLink update.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/27/2019 9:02 a.m.

Hello,
I do not have Abbott's glucometer, I have one from Roche and as I previously commented the difference with the sensor at the beginning it began to be -30 and I finish it becoming -100 when before the update it was very accurate.
It is also true that it has failed me before finishing the 14 days so it gives me it was a sensor problem.Tomorrow I will put a new sensor and try again.

belcp's profile photo
belcp
06/27/2019 9:11 a.m.

@belcp That is, usually when there are those differences of +/- 100 is that the sensor is failing or as it has happened to me, for some reason the filament has come out a bit even if they are 0.5 mm, it beginsgiving very distant values ​​and in the end error of the sensor.-
It would be good that, since you have Roche glucometer to see what differences there is and if FreeLink's accuracy has really improved or has only improved with respect to those of Abbott.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/27/2019 9:38 a.m.

@sigsauer I will tell you the results when I put it on, before the update I was doing very well, normally no more than -+10 or -+20 but this has been the one that has gone the most uncuited to me :(.

belcp's profile photo
belcp
06/27/2019 9:41 a.m.

I have been with a new sensor and the update on and I have to say that it is very fine.The values ​​are very close to the capillary (it is not from Abbott).The two previous sensors that I have taken and without the update were very mismatched.I finished the last one with a mismatch of -60mg/dl.

Pinkypank's profile photo
Pinkypank
06/27/2019 12:37 p.m.

I have only updated the mobile app at the moment when wearing a sensor on, but I have noticed more precision with a minimal difference of capillary with an accu chek glucometer, deviation of only - 2 mg/dl, incredible.When I touch a sensor change I will update the reader to see how it goes.

sil's profile photo
sil
06/27/2019 1:20 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
06/27/2019 8:11 p.m.

@sigsauer As always Abbott diverted down, I usually calibrate with contour nextThe reader update is for blood glucose reading ???I have 10 days left, I will tell you when I update it.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
06/27/2019 8:16 p.m.

I have only updated the app and gives the same value as the free glycometer without updating.The one that ends today is 50 above the capillary.
The glymp that measures directly works well for me if algorithm.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/27/2019 11:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Merchedm Those differences I think are within the diversion margin, they are not very important to make decisions.- Well, it seems, for now, and as you comment that it has improved FreeLink with the new update, I really are that this oneLast I carry it in the buttock and it is almost nailed with the capillary but well, in the end, we always talk about when we have stable glycemia, in post pands, post sports etc etc etc. The results can not pretend that they are those of the capillary glucometer because it is veryRare that they approach.-
I have tried to update the reader, although I only use it to start the sensors and it does not leave me, it tells me that the version I have is not compatible with the update, that I get in touch with Abbott but with the heat wave we have noI feel like arguing with an incompetent commercial ....: P

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/28/2019 8:41 a.m.

pinkkypank said:
I have been with a new sensor and the update on and I must say that it is very fine.The values ​​are very close to the capillary (it is not from Abbott).The two previous sensors that I have taken and without the update were very mismatched.I finished the last one with a mismatch of -60mg/dl.

I retract what I said before.I have been with the new sensor and the new update for three days and I already have a lag between capillary and interstitial of -25 mg/dl.I no longer know if they are the sensors that are of the same game and bad or that the update does not serve much.

Pinkypank
06/28/2019 7:22 p.m.

Hi @pinkkypank where are you wearing the sensor?When I have removed the sensor I have seen that the filament was a bit folded or that has seemed to me.
Today I have put the new sensor, I will tell you but go that before the update I was doing very well with capillary and another glucometer than Abbott.

belcp's profile photo
belcp
06/28/2019 8:06 p.m.

Belcp said:
Hi @pinkkypank where are you wearing the sensor?When I have removed the sensor I have seen that the filament was a bit folded or that has seemed to me.
Today I have put the new sensor, I will tell you but go that before the update I was doing very well with capillary and another glucometer that Abbott.

Hi @belcp I wear it on the back of the arm, scrupulously following the manufacturer's recommendation.
It gives me that they are games of uncalibrated sensors, since I have also had seasons of "good" sensors.Now I have touched a streak of bad.I have also had another streak with sensors that did not communicate well with the reader, such as if communication failed, and had to make several attempts to read until the reader managed to communicate with the sensor.
In short, I believe that Abbott has thrown more for manufacturing as a manufacturing with quality.

Pinkypank
06/28/2019 8:59 p.m.

@Pinkkypank according to the theme of the sensors, after 4 years paying me the sensors, today it is the 3rd that I put on those financed by the SS and marks me 70mg/dl below.Abdomen but as another 10 or 12 that have not given me any problem, conclusion, that if the sensor comes out due to much update of the freelink algorithm, he is not going to do magia and will be a ruin;They get chest that the sensors are factory calibrated and they are already doing well but I did not know if it were not for myomiao and the xDrip-glimp calibration I would have already taken it away.

I edit the comment: Less mall that I have not removed it, after 5 hours of starting the sensor it seems that it has taken a run and I do well, another file x or is that my interstitial liquid goes with delay:--

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/30/2019 11:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.