Diabetes book

Foxandxss's profile photo   06/29/2019 12:34 p.m.

Hello, I have never introduced myself even if I have ever written.

My name is Jesus, I am not diabetic but my partner is (type 1).We have been together only 5 months, and I have learned a barbarity of things (especially those related to technology, applications, myomiao, nighttscout ...).

The problem is that I have very basic questions and asked me if you knew any book (Spanish or English) that speaks well about diabetes.Something in depth.Sugar in blood, as insulin acts on it, things that can make sugar down or rise ...

I am a very logical person and I try to apply logic in many situations but it escapes my hands.

For example, I have been able to see that if insulin lasts 3 hours in the body.Lasts 3 hours either 1 unit or 10?What happens if I don't know, let's put something exaggerated.You eat 200 hydrates and click 10 for saying something.I do not know if those 200 hydrates are going to be consumed in the 3 hours that insulin takes effect or may take 4-5 hours (slow digestion).If so, it would be a whore because you risk getting into hypoglycemia and then rises to 200 with the rest of the hydrates without consuming.Maybe this "can never be given."

I also want to know how slow insulin works.Spike tells me that it is 1.25 units at the time, but I do not think that that really applies to you or would be in hypoglycemia all day.It is already going to bed with the "consumed" insulin, digested food and being 100, 120 and waking up up to 2 times in 7 hours because it was going to go into hypoglycemia.

I do not know, I have thousands of questions looking at the graphs, see how it goes up, then goes down, then stable, then go up again (without eating anything) or goes down much (without insulin) ... and is a sedentary person butt.

So if you have any book of these that explain everything with hairs and signs, I would read it with pleasure.

Thank you very much.

Foxandxss's profile photo
Foxandxss
06/29/2019 12:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @foxandxss and welcome to the forum;If you read many threads in this forum in many of them you will find a phrase that is repeated a lot and is called "the famous files x", from experience I tell you that in diabetes logic does not exist, that is, 2+2 almost never goto be equal to 4;2 consecutive days doing and eating exactly the same can be totally different with respect to glycemia and do not ask yourself why, the body is not a machine to which you can apply a logical base.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/29/2019 12:56 p.m.

It is that with a treatment that is put under the skin, you cannot do the same as with a live pancreas.
This is so.The most you can do is stabilize the nights to be able to sleep without hypos and monitor the Dïa to correct.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/29/2019 2:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Link

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
06/29/2019 4:22 p.m.

I recommend Dr Bernstein's book, Diabetes Solution.It is alone in English but talks about everything related to the disease.The also doctor is an engineer and analyzes everything very well.I think 84 years old and Alleva from the age of 12 with diabetes and much of them exercising as a doctor and treating other diabetics.It is one of the people who knows the most diabetes in the world.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
06/29/2019 9:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you for the answers.I know you can't control 100%, but that does not mean "innocent" and wants to try.In these 5 months I have been able to improve its quality of life and I want to continue improving it.

Foxandxss's profile photo
Foxandxss
06/30/2019 9:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.