{'en': 'Intermittent fasting', 'es': 'Ayuno intermitente'} Image

Intermittent fasting

isaabeltran's profile photo   07/22/2020 1:15 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I have been looking for and the truth is that they have told me very well about intermittent fasting, that is, when not eating there is a fast of about 12-14h, so there is an insulin reduction, so the stored fat is burned.

Is anyone losing weight by making intermittent fasting?

If so, to comment.

Thank you!

isaabeltran's profile photo
isaabeltran
07/22/2020 1:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am interested in knowing, I have read it, it is not recommended in type 1 diabetic people

Esther1382's profile photo
Esther1382
07/22/2020 5:29 p.m.

The entire video is good, but what interests you comes from the 6:50 minute

Link

marine's profile photo
marine
07/22/2020 11:27 p.m.

I try to do it every day (with hypoglycemia is more difficult), but you don't have to take it as an obligation, but with our disease.I usually do it 12-14h, and my controls in the morning (it's when I do) have improved a lot.All the best!

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
07/25/2020 12:47 p.m.

marine said:
the entire video is good, but what interests you comes from the 6:50 minute

Link

Esther1382 said:
I am interested in knowing, I have read it, it is not recommended in diabetic people type 1

I make 16h fast almost every day from quarantine, Ceno soon and until eating I don't eat anything.The amount of CH I eat in the day is very little, low carbohydrate diet pulling ketogenic.Obviously I produce ketones (around 1.5 the last time I measured 1 week and peak), but that is precisely what prioritizes fat burning, no risk of ketoacidosis that is why I suppose that the one of theVideo that is dangerous for a person with diabetes.The key is to maintain good glucose levels, which in my case have improved a lot thanks to this type of food.

Anikadm's profile photo
Anikadm
07/25/2020 8:40 p.m.

It causes me curiosity, how do you do it?

Not as something in 4 or 5 hours in the morning and if, in addition, I do a minimum of physical activity, they give me hypos.

No insulin, I'm DM2 ...

anif's profile photo
anif
07/26/2020 1:27 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

anif said:
causes me curiosity, how do you do it?

Not as something in 4 or 5 hours in the morning and if, in addition, I do a minimum of physical activity, they give me hypos.

Without insulin, I am DM2 ...

From what I see yes hypoglycemicas (metformin), half a pill in the morning and another average at night.If you do not eat anything, logically blood glucose will tend to get off.Nor do I know how you feed during the day or your routines, all that affects.

In my case, I have been with the Freestyle sensor for a long time and it has helped me to meet very well, how different foods, situations and processes affect.I also punctuate the basal in the morning, which helps me to be clearer how my day will be and act accordingly.For example, if I know that I am going to do sports, I punctuate less units, if I know that I will be on the sofa basal insulin increase ...

Anikadm's profile photo
Anikadm
07/26/2020 5:19 p.m.

I make very strict schedules and same breakfast daily.

If for whatever breakfast or not I take something in the middle of the morning, at 12:30 or 13:00 I start having values ​​less than 65.

That is why I am surprised to be without eating since the night before ... I am obsessed from the diagnosis with eating more often (and I am doing well, but I create a dependency to have some accessible food).

Metformin is supposed to be hypoglycemic, or so my endocrine says.

anif's profile photo
anif
07/26/2020 7:39 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

I fast 16 hours almost daily with DM1 and without problem and also very low diet in hydrates usually, to ketogenic seasons.I do fasting sport and instead of lowering my glucose I climb me (something normal because of the counterattacking hormones).Someday I wake up something fair (below 70) and break the fasting with a little glucose, but I usually have more tendency to climb a little when I get more than get off.That is usually days that I have to lower basal for hormonal changes.
I also do 24 hours.At the moment I have not tried but it is my intention at some point to try a fast of 48h and then 72h but for that I have to gradually test the basal settings that I need so that I do not get off.
@anif Surely metformin is what causes you hypoglycemia attached to insulin that your body produces to compensate for breakfast.I guess if you want to jump breakfast you will have to take off the morning pill.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/27/2020 10:29 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I also fast 16/8 and I have no problems with blood glucose and like Yesssica, many days I do sports in the hours of fasting and the same, no problem.I also have to click 1 or 2 units because in the morning I tend to raise glucose through the phenomenon of Alba.I neither recommend it nor stop recommending it because I think each one is an adult already and knows what they have to do and what I don't but I can simply say that it is doing very well.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/27/2020 11:30 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello.I don't know if what I have started to do can be called fasting.
I am type 1 diabetic since March of this year, and I have started studying because doctors have only given me very tight guidelines.
I have changed some habits.Two of them are dinner very early and go to bed before.I am finishing dinner about 7:30 p.m., and I lie down at 9:30 p.m.-10: 00h.This allows me to eat something before bedtime if I am low, or inject insulin if I am very high.Normally I must not injepe, or eat.Lately I sleep between 120 and 130 mg/dl.
Breakfast around 09:00.So it's about 13 hours without eating food.It is a way of letting the body rest.
Well, I hope it helps you in something.It is working for me.A kiss.

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
07/27/2020 2:05 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
I fast 16 hours almost daily with DM1 and without problem and also very low diet in hydrates usually, to ketogenic seasons.I do fasting sport and instead of lowering my glucose I climb me (something normal because of the counterattacking hormones).Someday I wake up something fair (below 70) and break the fasting with a little glucose, but I usually have more tendency to climb a little when I get more than get off.That is usually days that I have to lower basal for hormonal changes.
I also do 24 hours.At the moment I have not tried but it is my intention at some point to try a fast of 48h and then 72h but for that I have to gradually test the basal settings that I need so that I do not get off.
@anif Surely metformin is what causes you hypoglycemia attached to insulin that your body produces to compensate for breakfast.I guess if you want to jump breakfast you will have to take off the morning pill.

Good afternoon andssica, I would like to speak more depth about the fasts you do and above all if you lose weight with this fasting and tell me a little.
Thank you

isaabeltran's profile photo
isaabeltran
07/27/2020 3:35 p.m.

I went down from 88 to 74 kg with strict ketogenic diet (3 rations/day) + intermittent fasting between May and September last year.
Now I continue in 74 kg but with 5 rations/day.
It is very rare that you arrive at 65 mg/dl to food.Normally in 80: Smile:
It could be coincidence, or not, but since I started the diet I have suffered insomnia problems: neutral: not everything has been perfect.

luigivampa's profile photo
luigivampa
08/03/2020 11:08 p.m.

Saludos,
Luigi Vampa
1970 - 2014 T1DM - 2020/07 Hb1Ac 5.3%
Medtronic 670G+sensor en modo manual con
12 u. basal + 5 u. /día.
Dieta cetogénica 5 r. con 17 h. de ayuno intermitente.
10.000 pasos/día.

Hello everyone.I am lis.Type 1 diabetics 25 years ago.Some time ago I have a very low diet in carbohydrates.Almost like @yessica_a almost ketogenic.And I do it under my responsibility since my doctor and nutritionist disagree.I only know that they are comfortable with my analysis.I eat at the 6G breakfast of CH, 12 at lunch and 12 at dinner.They all take them out of vegetables.My glycemia have improved markedly.
I recommend reading Dr. Berstein's book.

Lisliss's profile photo
Lisliss
08/05/2020 6:19 a.m.

I started with intermittent fasting 12/12 and some days 16/8.I am doing excellently well.By consuming healthy fats, anxiety disappears.In my house I cook for my family things that I do not consume and I have no desire to eat that.I stay in my feeding plan.You have to call and inform yourself a lot.Do not leave the hydrates one day to the other.

Lisliss's profile photo
Lisliss
08/05/2020 6:23 a.m.

Diabetics cannot make intermittent fasting, nor should the healthy do it.
If you are applying insulin you must maintain a balanced diet that keeps you at the right levels of glucose.If you fast you will never determine, nor the appropriate diet for yourself, nor the amount of insulin you must handle.You run the risk of falling into hypoglycemia when you don't eat and hyper when you do.But above all, you will be making glycemic spikes that will affect your kidneys first and your eyes immediately.
Do you want to lose weight?Go to the doctor, follow an adequate diet and exercise.There is no other formula.Ah, there is!Get the duodenal gastric by pass.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
08/14/2020 6:17 a.m.

@isaabelran this is already long ago but I had not seen the comment you had mentioned.If you want we can talk more about the subject but I answer you a bit to what you ask me.
I do not lose weight with fasting, I am in a healthy weight and it is not my intention to lose weight.Fasting is not to lose weight although in some cases it is lost.It depends on your goal you can use it to lose some fat if the rest of the day of the day do not add more quantity but I do not do that.What I do are two big meals instead of several smaller ones and I also try to have those foods with high nutritional density.Always including quality protein and fat and completing with varied vegetables.A 16 -hour fast becomes quite easy if you already ate 3 meals and you have been with a low hydrates diet and your body is accustomed to using fat.If you go from 5 meals a day and also with enough hydrates because the first time you try it you will have a bad time and it is not about that.When you fast you should not find yourself bad or go hungry, if you feel bad better do not do it.And if you want to do it then go first eliminating the pecks between hours and then advancing dinner and delaying breakfast.And it is important that what you eat the rest of the day feeds you correctly.The stomach is not going to let you eat beyond to some extent so you have to eat things that have many nutrients and leave the superfluous.Nothing processed, flours, sweets ... that does not contribute anything and prevents you from eating enough of food that gives you real nutrients.
I just as a day basically because I am not hungry for the rest of the day, my two meals are sufficiently satisfying and nutritious so that my body has everything you need and does not ask me anymore.If one day for whatever I get hungry then breakfast and make 3 meals without any problem and if one day at most eating and I do not feel like dinner because I do not ceno and the next day I usually get up without hunger and neither breakfastAnd they are already 24 hours without eating but without suffering or hunger.You have to listen to the body and not make crazy things.If when you fast you are weak, you are very hungry or you are dizzy do not do it.
I am pregnant right now and I am making 3 meals a day because I do not feel anything good to make big meals as before and the body asks me to eat in the morning.It's that simple, I listen to what the body asks for.Except one day that I have been fatal with the nausea and I have not been able to have breakfast, always as something in the morning and then make food and dinner a little softer than before so as not to vomit.
And of course if you use insulin you should adjust it to avoid hypoglycemia, if you don't know how to do so, do not fast.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/11/2020 12:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I am DT1 of des recently, a year ago.I directly started with Low Carb diet and not eat until 4pm, which later I saw that it was fasting 18. I do enough sport, and it is shit ... it will not modify that.I do fasting sports, and as glycogen say, glucose rises in most sports, until an hour and a half or two hours as nothing since the co -tinua glycemic level being higher than the departure level.I have measured the ketones and after 18hde fasting and 1.5 hours of mountain running, the level of ketones has never exceeded the 1mmomes of BHB, according to my endocrine because I am ketoadapted and effectively use those fuels.I would recommend experimenting in a controlled way, glucose, ketones, and blood analysis with vitamins, minerals must be measured.Keith Runyan's book and blog helped me a lot, and Troy Satalpeton's, but there are

Alerr's profile photo
Alerr
12/11/2020 4:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.