{'en': 'Does the body get used to a fixed dose of fast insulin in meals?', 'es': '¿Se acostumbra el cuerpo a una dosis fija de insulina rápida en las comidas?'} Image

Does the body get used to a fixed dose of fast insulin in meals?

Palomilla's profile photo   06/29/2019 6:04 p.m.

Hello, forum:

I wanted to comment something that I have been watching.On the one hand, it baffles me, but on the other, if I really worked, I sign.

For several months I realize that my body needs a fixed dose of fast insulin when eating and dinner.
If I have not done sports before, at those two meals I always need 6 novorapid units, regardless of it ingested more than 2-3 rations of HC.

Let's put as a starting point 100 mg/dl at the time of starting the intake and 6 units of rapid administered:
-If the intake corresponded to 8-9 units, after an hour I will be in 170-190, at two hours of having eaten I will finish between 130-140 and at 3 hours I will be at 100.
-If the intake corresponded to 3-4 units, after an hour I will be in 60-70, which goes back to 15-20 minutes, two hours after I have eaten between 100-110 and at 3 hours I will be at 80.

In both cases, the MCG will point me 3 hours after the intake the descending oblique arrow and I will have to give sips to a juice or a coca-cola (this thanks to @Sherpa41. It ended up taking sugar).With that I will endure without eating 2 more hours if I will be still (for example, working with the computer).

It is clear that there is a tremendous difference in the peaks when it has started eating, but what counts is the blood glucose two hours after having started eating, ending 140 or 110 does not seem so different.

You will imagine that I have done all kinds of tests: same hours, same food, same type of HC uploading and going down two-three rations, all heavy and calculated, same blood glucose or approximate at the time of starting the intake, the same time to put onInsulin, etc.

When I manage the "real" dose that I would need, if it is more than 6, I end up with hip (60 and lowering), if it is less than 6 ended with hyper (170 and climbing).

So lately in my day to day, I do not care about food neither rations nor anything at all.I know there are 6 fast units at food and 6 at dinner.The surprises give me breakfast and the snack that have their own life and fsi very his.

I only manage a dose greater than 6 units when it was and I do not deprive myself of anything: rebozados, sauces, bread, pasta, beer, wine, dessert, etc.And I have to do it two or three times.As I put more than 6 units at once because everything that eats equivalent to 10 or 12 units, even being the food already at the table, without waiting between dishes, I have already brought it.Insured hypo of those that go down to full pill at the time and beautiful hyper at two hours.

I also add that I have been lowering the Toujeo units.Now I put 15 units in the morning.I get up tall (about 140-150 mg/dl), but it compensates me to sleep everything followed, without nocturnal hypos.My hemoglobin of a week ago in 5.9 %.

What is escaping?

Thanks anticipated.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
06/29/2019 6:04 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Nothing escapes you :)
The same thing happens to me.
My analysis is that we know our body good and we know what you need

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/29/2019 8:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.