{'en': 'Insulin resistance', 'es': 'Resistencia a la insulina'} Image

Insulin resistance

Bolinbroke's profile photo   10/05/2020 9:02 p.m.

Hi there,

I am new here and I wanted to share a negative experience that accompanies me a few months.

The fact is that I am a patient with DM1 for 15 years, for a couple of years I have left every day to walk between 1/2 hours and has always helped me to control hyperglycemia, because for about 3 months it happens to me that always that alwaysAt noon that is usually the most copious food, if I do not go out immediately to walk at a normal 4km/h rhythm, it shoots at 300 or more and when walking 30 minutes or so it starts to go down.

I use insulin Apidra and I notice that it only takes effect if I go for a walk.

I would like to know if someone is similar to someone or what measures I could start to avoid it.

Greetings and thank you very much!

Bolinbroke's profile photo
Bolinbroke
10/05/2020 9:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Diabetes mellitus is a delicate balance between insulin (medication), exercise (sport), food (food) and social life (stress).
You have to learn to handle these four factors and you have to do it yourself through proof and error.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/05/2020 9:16 p.m.

@Bolinbroke, if you get faster, you will have better values.Nor do you need to go for a walk after eating.You can increase an Apidra unit and, if not enough, you increase another.
You are calculating hydrates with insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/06/2020 3:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello @bolinbroke,

The same thing happened to me a few months ago, but after breakfast.What my endocrine told me was to rise the rapid insulin dose of breakfast 1 more, something improved, although not too much.On the next visit he told me to click the fast insulin 15 min before starting breakfast so that the beak was flatter.Doing both things and I did have more normal values ​​as you can see in the photo (one day it is true that it goes, but as a general rule I am no longer every day to the limit of hyperglycemia or having them)

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
10/06/2020 8:16 a.m.

The same thing happens to me, if I exercise, insulin makes me more effect, since you decrease the resistance, so if you can and you have time with the walk, not only will glycemia improve but it is good for digestion, hypertension, hypertension, hypertension,reduce cholesterol, etc ...

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
10/06/2020 9:56 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thank you very much for your advice, absolutely to everyone;Lalonsoa to you for your graphic and the rest for your opinion, I usually go daily but the day I do not glymia shoots and regulates, even putting 1 or 2 extra units does not come down, perhaps the body has also become accustomedalready..
Cordial greetings and we are still here

Bolinbroke
10/06/2020 11:56 p.m.

@Bolinbroke, because you can put faster, increasing one in one unit, until you get a post below 180.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/07/2020 4:25 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Have you commented with your endocrine?
I put the insulin 1 hour before breakfast to get the flat curve.For the rest of meals with 10-15 min before it is enough.
Exercise activates insulin, but if you are not very regular, it does not produce the desired effect.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/08/2020 2:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

"Ruthbia" & GT; have you commented with your endocrine?
I put the insulin 1 hour before breakfast to get the flat curve.For the rest of meals with 10-15 min before it is enough.
Exercise activates insulin, but if you are not very regular, it does not produce the desired effect.
Hello!Well, for the next visit I have proposed to comment and try to find a solution but the truth is that if I do not move after meals I get up, it is not a bad idea to advance the dose, although one hour seems excessive to me but you have to gotesting.
Thank you so much

Bolinbroke
10/08/2020 10:26 p.m.

I am shooting in the afternoon, at 6 I can have 100 for example, but around 7 it starts to rise quickly reaching 250 or more if I do not remedy, what I do is at about 6.30 meI put a Novorapid or I go for a walk for 1/2 hour with which I arrive at dinner with 160 or so, if the toujeo increased I have to take a glass of milk at about 3 or 4 in the morning.

Leyre's profile photo
Leyre
10/11/2020 11:07 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.