Retired Freestyle Opium strips in the Madrid Health Centers

nigiri's profile photo   07/09/2019 6:47 p.m.

Well, that no longer give reactive strips for freestyle devices.In my case I carry the sensor and use few strips but every time I change it I have to use and now it turns out that if I want them, I have to buy them.They tell me in the health center that compares with another device but we all know that in Abbott, if the sensor is defective and does not measure well asks you the comparisons with the same Free meter.It seems shameful.My nurse has told me to put a claim and I will do that and as I imagine I am not the only one in this situation, I encourage you to do the same.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/09/2019 6:47 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

The same thing happened to my sister.They are financing me the free but the strips give them another brand because in Castilla y León I have not given the free for some time.I have to walk with the glucometer and the free reader.Luckily they gave me 2 boxes with the Free Start Kit and the reserve for when a sensor goes wrong, but when they expire or buy them when claiming.
To my sister the endocrine told her that the problem is that Abbott has risen enough to the strips and that is why they have changed brand.It is very dirty by Abbott thus take advantage of, on top of that they are making gold with the financing of the free strips.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/10/2019 5:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Well, I have to go for strips and I have Free and Insulinx, both from Abbott because when I debuted all the material in Castilla La Mancha era of Abbott, now in Madrid I suppose they will give me another glucometer from another brand.
Well, I plan to claim Abbott equally, they have a mandatory guarantee of 2 years for the US, and I am not obliged to use all its products by the free market law.
If the defective ones do not replace me, I do not buy them anymore and I will change to another system.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/11/2019 7:55 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am up to my noses, every two for three is a different story ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/11/2019 10:59 a.m.

If someone needs strips of Freestyle Opium I have some boxes that I no longer use for change.Contact privately.

patcrpt's profile photo
patcrpt
07/14/2019 10:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have given me Opium for internal use for medical personnel.
I have been explained that in the ABBOTT public contest he has lost for price and have retired them, and have only left the optium for medical use and the litte out completely.Just the 3 glucometers I have are Abbott.
Next time they will give me a new glucometer with new strips, for now I have 100 UDS Opium and those that I bought by Amazon because it does not reach me with 100.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/17/2019 10:34 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Do you know if in some autonomous communities they are financing continuous glucose meters such as freestyle for those over 18?

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
07/17/2019 9:54 p.m.

narcissus said:
Do you know if in some autonomous communities they are financing continuous glucose meters such as freestyle for those over 18?

They are practically starting to finance it now.Ask your endocrine to see if they are already doing it in yours 😉

sil's profile photo
sil
07/18/2019 11:05 a.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Last Tuesday I asked him taking advantage of the semiannual visit to the endocrine and the answer is that in Andalusia, he is neither expected.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
07/18/2019 4:51 p.m.

@Narciso in some other thread I have read that you usually be a couple of times a week in 50mg/dl or less, tell your endocrin@ that when you are in 50 you do not detect it and it is one of the reasons to finance theFreestyle, inadvertent hypoglycemia.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/18/2019 6:18 p.m.

@sigsauer then I hope that soon they finance it to me because exactly that happens to me

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/18/2019 8:13 p.m.

And to me, I detect the hypo from 40 that is when I really feel fatal.
Pep I don't have as many as a week

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/19/2019 6:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.