{'en': 'Insulin and swimming dose', 'es': 'Dosis de insulina y Natacion'} Image

Insulin and swimming dose

Vi Ca's profile photo   07/15/2019 5:16 p.m.

Hello everyone, I need help please.My son has 16, a month and a half ago he practices swimming, but the last weeks are intense practices 5 days a week from 8 to 9 at night, he uses multiple doses with novorapid and an application of Lantus at night, also uses freestylelibre,

The problem is that I fail to adjust the Lantus dose !!

It has been with the 33-35 dose of Lantus for the last years at 7 pm in the upper area of ​​the buttocks, and was with excellent control, but now I changed the schedule to 10pm, that is, one after swimming practice and lesI went down the dose to 20 and there are days that Híper or Hipo has at night while sleeping, it is going crazy, please help me understand how the lantus works, to adjust it

-did the Lantus place before or after swimming?

- Is it true that the hot temperature of the training pool affects insulin absorption?

-If I apply the Lantus in the buttock that is one of the muscles with less exercise in swimming compared to other muscles, and immediately train for an hour, how will it affect its absorption?What would happen to insulin and its action?

Please help me.

Thank you!

Vi Ca's profile photo
Vi Ca
07/15/2019 5:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A temporal basal at 50 .. 75% (depending on the intensity) for a time of 25% higher than the duration of the year (starting 15 minutes before).All previous bolus must be reduced by 25 .. 50% (if 4 hours have been administered [or less] before the start of the year).Subsequently, possible hypoglycemia (and correct them [may appear up to 24 hours later]).
The exact values ​​must be experienced in each person.
This way of acting serves both for ISCI (insulin bombs) and MDI (bolis).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/15/2019 6:11 p.m.

If the previous schedule was doing well, don't change it.The Lantus usually makes a peak at 5 hours of putting it and can cause it hiccups.
What can happen is that you have to lower a basal unit or simply some recateive. ,, the days you train.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/22/2019 12:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Asked.

If they are intense routines five times to the
Lower the rapid dose and see if you only need the basal?
I think that with such an intense routine, perhaps the mere fact of continuing with the rapid doses make it fall into hypos, if it is not fed well.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
07/30/2019 11:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.