{'en': 'Gluco Sport', 'es': 'Gluco Sport'} Image

Gluco Sport

Carussa's profile photo   08/04/2020 8:14 p.m.

Hello.I just bought Gluco Sport on tablets (they are round) to trace hypoglycemia.What does not put in the box or the prospect is how much each table is equivalent.Wow, I don't know how much I would have to take if I need it.Do you know any to how many reactions each tablet is equivalent?
Thanks in advance.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/04/2020 8:14 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

2.5g of glucose per pill.

Link

marine's profile photo
marine
08/04/2020 8:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

marine said:
2.5g of glucose pill.

Link

In the link box you have put me, it does put 2.5 g of glucose per tablet, but in my box it puts nothing at all.I don't know if it will be the same.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/04/2020 9:22 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Hi, @Carussa:
You have the info here:
Link
All the best

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
08/05/2020 8:57 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Thank you very much for the information @Palomilla and @marine.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/06/2020 12:37 a.m.

@Carussa
The truth is that a 2.5 gr table does not serve to overcome hypos.You would have to wear many in your pocket.

I was always recommended to carry about 2 be (2 rations in my system, that is, about 24 gr of fast carbohydrates).Here sell 6 gr glucose tablets.very small.I always carry 4 in my pocket (24 gr carbohydrates).Then I found others very small of only 2 gr.And I always have a few.But I only use them for what I call fine adjustment.Retocate a little up if I see in the sensor that approaches the low zone very gradually.But if I see a quick fall, I don't doubt it and I take a tablet.Only on occasion I have needed two.

I don't know if you can find tablets with at least 5 gr.But well I imagine that 8 tablets you can also carry them in your pocket without problems, even sometimes in summer among the mobile, the keys etc. One runs out of pockets!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/06/2020 5:11 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I bought these at Amazon but if I tell you the truth I think I get more up a sugar envelope (to the clear change).

Also although I know that it is not the best, many times I shoot a snake roll bar or whatever because the feeling of hunger is brutal and I calm down the symptoms more although I know than late more to climb.

Link ?__mk_es_es=%C3%85m%C3%5%C5%Bd%C3%95%C3%91&dchild= 1 & Keywords = Glucotabs & qid = 1596785675 & Sr = 8-1

marine's profile photo
marine
08/07/2020 9:35 a.m.

jldiazdel said:
@carussa
The truth is that a 2.5 gr table does not serve to overcome hypos.You would have to wear many in your pocket.

I was always recommended to carry about 2 be (2 rations in my system, that is, about 24 gr of fast carbohydrates).Here sell 6 gr glucose tablets.very small.I always carry 4 in my pocket (24 gr carbohydrates).Then I found others very small of only 2 gr.And I always have a few.But I only use them for what I call fine adjustment.Retocate a little up if I see in the sensor that approaches the low zone very gradually.But if I see a quick fall, I don't doubt it and I take a tablet.Only on occasion I have needed two.

I don't know if you can find tablets with at least 5 gr.But well I imagine that 8 tablets you can also carry them in your pocket without problems, even sometimes in summer among the mobile, the keys etc. One runs out of pockets!

The other day I had a hiccup of 60 and tried these gluco sport tablets.I had to take 3 to start overwhelming.Then I added a cookie to set the climb and not late then much to eat normal.
It is true that 2.5 is little to overcome quickly.I take note of everything you have told me.Thank you.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/08/2020 3:56 p.m.

15x15 rule ... with a 15 gr hypoglycemia of fast hydrates every 15 min.until overwhelming.;)

Here I leave link to topic with more information.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
08/08/2020 4:42 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
15x15 rule ... with a 15 gr hypoglycemia of fast hydrates every 15 min.until overwhelming.;)

Here I leave link to topic with more information.

Link

Thank you!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/09/2020 12:26 a.m.

Glucogen Hipokit, to you the SS No Hos facilitates this kit that is essential for a hypo?Here they give it to us, we must keep it in the fridge, it is an injection, it is infallible, look for it online.

match53's profile photo
match53
08/09/2020 1:22 p.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

@Match53, glucagen should be used only for serious hypoglycemia.And it can be out of the fridge, but never at temperatures greater than 25 degrees.It is reliable if, but not always.If alcohol has been drunk or there are no glucose reserves in the liver is dangerous, so they say that before supplying the glucagon you have to call an ambulance since the person with severe hypo may not react.
I have the glucagon only in my house, work and house of my parents.And of course I have taught how to use it if I stay, only if it did not react.
The gluco sport can always carry it in your bag and serves some low, nothing to do with glucage.I have never bought it, with sugar over, I have managed for many years.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/09/2020 5:30 p.m.

Let's see, from your photo: 60 grams/24 pills = 2.5 grams/pill.They come to be 6 pills every 15 minutes, it does not seem ideal.There are gluc-up bags with 15 grams of rapid absorption syorbe, with several flavors, which is what I carry.As @anaisabel the glucagon is very well, it reserves for very strong downs, with loss of consciousness.I only disagree with sugar overlaps, in a few days they break and leave me lost dust pockets.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
08/09/2020 6:15 p.m.

Yes, I agree with you that the glucacom is for serious declines.I had the Gluco Sport thought for minor hypos, in case you catch you in a place where you prefer to resort to something more discreet (normalmebte, I take juice or some Coca Cola, which is the fastest).But the truth is that I thought these tablets had more glucose.I'm going to get the gel that you have told me, especially for when we go out the field to give us walks, I will go quieter and I don't have to wear juices.Thanks again.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/09/2020 10:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.