{'en': 'Why do insulin needles hurt?', 'es': '¿Por qué me duelen las agujas de insulina?'} Image

Why do insulin needles hurt?

Jgo's profile photo   08/18/2020 5:58 p.m.

Hello,

I was currently clicking with 4mm and 32g needles of the Verifine brand (those that give in the health center) and most of the time I feel like an ardor when I inject the insulin, that is to say the puncture itself does not hurt but it does not hurt butWhen I start injecting.

I don't know why it can be and if someone has an idea of ​​the reason.

I have punctured with 5mm and 31g needles and that almost never happened to me.They were also from the BD brand ...

Thanks 😊

Jgo's profile photo
Jgo
08/18/2020 5:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Jgo the same are too small for you.For example I was using 5 and BD but they ran out of them and gave me 6 and verifine, the truth is that I am delighted with change.Try to change again, eat it to the nurse who gives you the Aguajas!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
08/20/2020 1:53 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

@Jgo, it seems that what you notice is insulin, not the needle.There are acidic insulins and can produce ardor.Maybe with a 5 mm needle you notice less.
Tell him with the endo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/24/2020 1:47 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think the same ... maybe with those of 5-6mm notes less the feeling.
But it's really insulin.It happens to me a lot with the basal ... I "hurt" more and sometimes leaves me as stinging 1-2 minutillos in the area.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/24/2020 6:47 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

@Jgo, insulin do you put it just taken from the fridge?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/24/2020 9:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.