High level 2hrs after eating

Jgo's profile photo   08/19/2020 6:32 p.m.

Hello everyone.It is happening to me that approximately two hours after lunch I get quite high levels.I calculate the rations well and I put the insulin scheme but it is still the same.Can it be because I have to wait longer to measure myself?Thanks 🙏🏻

Jgo's profile photo
Jgo
08/19/2020 6:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.It happens to me with certain meals, for example, when something that has fat.Although it calculates the amount of insulin well, the glucose takes longer to go up and, in addition, it continues to do so when 2 hours pass.The solution is not to measure you later, what I do is prick a little later (not before starting to eat).That will already depend on food and how your body reacts to insulin.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/19/2020 6:41 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@Jgo

Measure at 2 or 2.5 h after eating, except that it is a very high food in fat or proteins, it is the right thing.If it is a strong meal, it is best to put the insulin at the end of the food, but that is something that you have to try.But it is not recommended for us meals with excess fat and proteins.

If you are systematically high, three days in a row, you have to increase the fast dose.And try.Sometimes insulin is not well, but that happens rarely, even though it happened to me once and I don't carry much with DM1.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/19/2020 8:11 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.