{'en': 'Insulin in the snack?', 'es': '¿Insulina en la merienda?'} Image

Insulin in the snack?

Geodesia's profile photo   07/28/2019 6:08 p.m.

Hello!!!

I am type 1 diabetic, a year ago I became completely dependent insulin and for me all this is new.At the moment I inject 4 of Lantus at night and approx.3U-5U-4U of Humalog to correct meals.

I would like to consult about rapid insulin corrections in the snack.

Are they necessary, or with the three corrections of breakfast-almish-zena is enough?

I know this can vary depending on each person, but I would like to know their experiences, are they injected for snacks daily or only on special occasions?

Thank you very much and greetings !!!:)

Geodesia's profile photo
Geodesia
07/28/2019 6:08 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1 desde marzo 2018
Lantus 16u por la noche, Humalog según cantidad de Hdc
Actividad física tres veces a la semana
Sensor Abbott cuando puedo. Última HbA1c: 6.1%

I personally do not diminish but if I did, I would have to get quickly, anything for little hydrate that I carry uploads to me.But in your case it depends on whether it goes up or not.You will have to try to measure before and after the snack to see it.In this each one is different, it cannot be generalized.It also depends on me, if you have hydrates, you are likely to need insulin, if you don't have no.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/28/2019 6:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Each case is different but I inject insulin every time as something that has more than 1 ration of carbohydrates (10 gr), below that according to the glycemia figure, it depends on the time it is I have a ratio or another😉

sil's profile photo
sil
07/28/2019 6:18 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

@Geodesy
By your question I get the feeling that you don't tell the carbohydrates that you eat to put insulin.
It is very important that you always get insulin based on what commas.Each person is a world and you have to learn how your body reacts.
But don't put insulin fixedly!
If carbohydrate snacks you will have to put insulin but everything depends on how many commas and how you are blood glucose when you start to snack.
I insist, it is very important that you learn to count carbohydrates at the meals and that you put insulin based on what you eat!
You have to turn on the composition of food (carbohydrates, fats and proteins).Take it as something curious and fun.Make some chips in which you point the grams of carbohydrates of food that you take regularly.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/28/2019 7:04 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Always melting and I get a fast dose to cover that intake and because also from food to dinner, I arrive high if or if, go up only from 18-19, in this way, I make sure I arrive in rangeTo dinner

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
07/28/2019 8:14 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

imaccprime said:
always melting and I get a fast dose to cover that intake and because also from food to dinner without fast, I arrive high if or if, go up only from the18-19, in this way, I assure myself in rank to dinner

Of course, at first I spent that of the climbs before dinner, that's why I started injecting in the snacks and I arrived super good.I had the doubt because I saw many comments on the number of units that are injected without including the snack, so I thought it was not necessary to do it, but now it is clearer to me.Thank you so much!!: blush:

Geodesia's profile photo
Geodesia
07/30/2019 5:22 a.m.

I punish myself at breakfast, snack food, before dinner and after dinner.Even at dawn

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
08/04/2019 10:20 a.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

@Geodesia Not everyone snacks so not everyone puts doses.I for example do 2-3 meals depending on the day and I get fast only if as or I have to correct.Not every day they are the same.
There are people who can also eat something without fast, it depends on how you have adjusted the slow one, the body does not need the same amount 24 hours and with bolis you cannot vary.Sometimes to be well most of the day you have to have some time when it gives you downward trend and forces you to eat something without fast.It is best not to compare with others because each body is a world.
Also in your case I see that you use Lantus, which does not usually cover well 24 hours and have a more action peak a few hours after putting it.When I used it, I had to eat something to measure tomorrow or went down and then I didn't cover the last 4-5 hours and I had hyperglycemia.When I changed to Toujeo, all that was solved and now I can not eat all day and I am stable, and it covers me 24 hours.Then it has its disadvantages, the adjustments for the menstrual cycle take me more time to notice the rise or decrease in dose.It is important to know these things well to be able to adjust the best possible.There are graphs of effect of insulins that help have this something clearer and then test and error to see how it reacts in your own body.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/04/2019 11:44 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

geodesia said:
imaccprime said:
always melting and I get a fast dose to cover that intake and because also from food to dinner without fast, I arrive high if or yes, go up only from 18-19, in this way, I assure myself in rank to dinner

Of course, at first I spent that of the climbs before dinner, that's why I started injecting in the snacks and I arrived super good.I had the doubt because I saw many comments on the number of units that are injected without including the snack, so I thought it was not necessary to do it, but now it is clearer to me.Thank you so much!!: blush:

You have already answered yourself.You inject yourself into the snacks and you get to dinner well.Well, then, that's what you should do.
As you have told you, there are no two equal diabetes, which means that you should search, try, make mistakeThat is good for you, and only for you.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
08/06/2019 1:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you all for your answers !!!They were super useful and helped me to ensure the subject :)

Geodesia's profile photo
Geodesia
08/06/2019 6:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.