{'en': 'What movie best explains what it means to live with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Qué película explica mejor lo que significa vivir con diabetes?'} Image

What movie best explains what it means to live with diabetes?

fer's profile photo   08/22/2019 5:16 p.m.

Since I saw Gattaca a few years ago, I cannot stop finding parallels and similarities with diabetes, it is something that is lived/coexists, but that often takes silent, it is an invisible limit for others andThat you have to handle so that people around you continue to see you "normal", which often forces you to do, or stop doing things and that it is difficult to explain to those you have nearby.

Why now you eat something with a lotand (perhaps) those who have close and want to understand each other better.

From the movie, I stay with the hope that although things cost us, with effort and effort, they can get to get.I leave here the most info link. Link and a part of the argument.

"The film tells the story of a child who is born naturally and must fight to compete against the other children who received genetic help to improve their health since before birth, even against their own brother who is the favorite of his parents... ... to dodge system controls, which seek to rule out anyone who is not perfect and does not have good genes in society. "

fer's profile photo
fer
08/22/2019 5:16 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Yes, great movie

He had not thought of parallelism with diabetes.I will see her again this weekend!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/22/2019 5:26 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have not seen it, but you will see it :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/22/2019 5:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I saw it a long time ago, I will see it again taking into account diabetes, thanks for sharing it!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
08/25/2019 1:07 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I will see it thanks for the information.Surely it's great

Vir's profile photo
Vir
08/25/2019 6:41 p.m.

I had heard about her a lot, but I hadn't seen her so far.
This film reflects my day to day at work ... being hidden among "normal" people and getting equally valid as any other.

It has touched me a lot.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/28/2019 4:56 p.m.

I did not know but I'm going to take a look

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/29/2019 1 p.m.

When I saw her I thought of a communist society, I never associated with a disease

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/29/2019 2:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What other films do you think our life better reflect?

fer's profile photo
fer
08/29/2019 3:45 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Gattaca is a movie.It is of my 20 favorites, and see that I am a collector/videofilo (I have +6000 bluray in my collection).However, if I remember correctly, the issue was not modified genes but in the future, at birth they made babies a blood test that indicated doctors and parents how many years I was going to live and if I had or would have in the futureSome disease.Based on this, there was some discrimination (those of good health, could get ahead and would have the best studies / jobs) and those who were already destined to have a life in the disease, had many limitations of all kinds and a certain contempt of thesociety.It is a very depth film that teaches us how the human being with great dreams and perseverance, regardless of life barriers, can achieve what is proposed.Super recommended.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
09/01/2019 4:41 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

@matrix If you have seen it, I recommend that you give it a new viewing, when the protagonist's brother is born, the doctor/scientist explains that they have eliminated the genes that can produce diseases, and that they have selected some characteristics, etc....;)

fer's profile photo
fer
09/02/2019 11:18 a.m.

fer said:
@matrix if you have seen it for a long time, I recommend that you give it a new viewing, when the protagonist's brother was born, the doctor/scientist explains that they have eliminated the genes thatThey can produce diseases, and that have selected some characteristics, etc ...;)

10 years ago I was the last time I saw her.I will see it again this week .... :)

matrix's profile photo
matrix
09/02/2019 11:20 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

When, when a disaster or zombie invasion movie has come out .... I have always thought "that luck that everyone is healthy and does not need a medication to survive, that they must look for" to the series "the dome" where one of thecharacters that are trapped under the couple, in the town, is diabetic and needs insulin.He goes to the health center to seek patient registration and write down the addresses of what in the database are diabetic for their homes and take the insulin from those who were out of the dome and survive everything they can (passa motion of things under the dome).I liked this approach, it hurts to leave the series without end in a third season that at the moment I still expect.The fact is that he thought.In such a case, my survival possibilities are reduced.How long would it last?

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
09/09/2019 7:04 p.m.

After your recommendation, @fer, I saw Gattaca again and I suppose that for my type of work I did not see myself reflected in the protagonist, although it is clear that as a good science fiction lover, every time I see a movie in whichDiseases are cured in a jiffy, now I think of me.I remember Elysium and the capsule in which you got and left as new.
The movies that give me more to think are, as @"moñiño", those of disasters or accidents, shipwrecked type, you arrive on the island, you see that there are water, fruits, it turns out that you make you superbus fisherman, but without insulin?I imagine that without fast one could endure, all the holy day exercising, but without basal?
Now, we have the "good side": World War Z, in which zombies do not attack the sick.There we would go quietly to the pharmacy, we would take what we needed, we would destroy in Novalab and all so pichis.
Let's smile :)

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
09/09/2019 8:09 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Well, you're right with World War Z ... I'm going to put it among my favorites!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
09/11/2019 noon

fer said:
@matrix if you have seen it for a long time, I recommend that you give it a new viewing, when the protagonist's brother was born, the doctor/scientist explains that they have eliminated the genes thatThey can produce diseases, and that have selected some characteristics, etc ...;)

hello.I have seen the movie again.You were right about the brother (ha, but I was right about the protagonist).That is, the main actor is born from his parents "natural" and at birth they do the study and see that he is prone to heart disease, probability of life (28 to 31 years, something like that) and then they did not want to leave thingsWhen roasting, the brother was conceived with laboratory help and as you say, they "help" him eliminating genes that produce diseases and removing negative factors such as premature baldness, etc.

What a good movie ...

Thanks for sharing ...

matrix's profile photo
matrix
09/12/2019 8:40 a.m.

palomilla said:
after your recommendation, @fer, I saw a kitten again and I suppose that for my type of work I did not finish seeing myself reflected in the protagonist, although it is clear that as a good lover ofScience fiction, every time I see a movie in which diseases are cured in a jiffy, now I think of me.I remember Elysium and the capsule in which you got and left as new.
The movies that give me more to think are, as @"moñiño", those of disasters or accidents, shipwrecked type, you arrive on the island, you see that there are water, fruits, it turns out that you make you superbus fisherman, but without insulin?I imagine that without fast one could endure, all the holy day exercising, but without basal?
Now, we have the "good side": World War Z, in which zombies do not attack the sick.There we would go quietly to the pharmacy, we would take what we needed, we would destroy in Novalab and all so pichis.
Let's smile :)

In something worldwater type z .... I think they would "force us" to be soldiers and perform missions in favor of humanity.I see it ............. those who have infantry cancer, the celiacs division of intention, the diabetic special forces ............... hahahaha

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
09/16/2019 7:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.