Best continuous monitoring system for children

joaojo's profile photo   08/25/2019 6:57 p.m.

Good afternoon,
My 6 -year -old son has diagnosed type 1 diabetes 2 weeks ago.After 10 days in the hospital we are already at home.
Now they are regulating the doses of insulin because it has entered the honeymoon.The issue is that they have already given some hypo and the subject worries us a lot.I would like to know what monitoring system you recommend me.I have read about the Dextom G6 but I have nothing clear.I don't know if there is any specific for children

Thank you very much for your time

joaojo's profile photo
joaojo
08/25/2019 6:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@joaojo if you are in Spain with 6 years they had to finance free freestyle that although it is not a continuous glucose meter itself if you do not put another transmitting device on top of myomiao type if it would help you see how glycemia reacts during the24 hours a day.- If you can economically allow the Dexcom G5 or G6 is the best continuous meter with alarms for hyper and hypo.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/25/2019 8:44 p.m.

Thank you very much SIGSAUER.We live in Spain.I'm going to look at what you tell me.At first it is so much information that we are a bit lost.

A hug!!

joaojo's profile photo
joaojo
08/25/2019 10:45 p.m.

@joaojo the freestyle as they have told you, if you add a supplement, called Miao Miao your child will have to have an oak cell, and send the measurements every five minutes to the "followers" means the cell phones you want.You can put low, high alarms, and with this I assure you that you will avoid many serious casualties.Va will be super beneficial for your child's treatment.You must make a Nigthscout page and depend if you have iPhone will be spike and if you have Android, it will be xDrip.And if you can the Dexcom have all this I mention, in Dexcom it is not necessary to add anything.
I hope it serves you info
In these days this X exit Miao Miao2, if you decide x the freestyle, wait for it to 2

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
08/28/2019 6:37 p.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

Hi Danielita76 thousand thanks for your message is of great help.They have told us that Freestyle finances him and for the Dextom it would be necessary to go through a medical court.Next week we have review to see if they tell us something else.

A big hug

joaojo's profile photo
joaojo
08/28/2019 6:56 p.m.

If you finance freestyle, put something that makes it a system in real time.The Abbott sensor does not automatically send reading.You have to approach your reader or a mobile.It works by NFC.And the child is playing can be forgotten.

But if you put Miao Miao or Gluconightwatch you will make it a real monitor and you can control your child's readings.It is highly recommended.If they offer you or you can dexcom G6 is the best thing there is.And you won't have to put any other device.It works by Bluetooth.

My nephew who started 8 years ago some time ago, my brother and his wife controlled it with punctures at night.They slept at times.An odyssey.Avoid it!Put a monitoring system.Eye, they have errors and failures.They are not perfect.And they have a measurement delay of 20 to 30 m with respect to the blood (what will be used to not react).

My nephew began with bolis but then went to the insulin bomb.And it improved a lot.Probably then later they recommend it.Good bomb management requires very specific courses.

But do not worry, it will be perfectly forward and will make a normal life even more complicated for Him.My nephew is already 28 years old and is great.Even though it goes too much at night :)

Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/28/2019 8:46 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@joaojo, much encouragement and strength.The early days are difficult.But soon everything is learned.You will see that with the discipline and correct medication your child will be great, making almost normal life.On meters, freestyle is funded by Social Security, but the quality of life given by Dexcom is infinitely superior.If you finance the Dexcom, it is not necessary to go through a medical court, you manage it directly with the company that distributes them, Novolab.Greetings and welcome to the forum.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
08/29/2019 4:47 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Millions of jldiazdel and solaria.The truth is that these first weeks are being hard.We measure glycemia at 00.03 and 06 in the morning, a system of these would give us a lot of quality of life and tranquility.What worries us most is the beginning of school.We have a meeting next week, they have already confirmed that there are no more children with diabetes.Well, little by little I hope everything is normalized.

Right now I'm going to look at prices in Novolab.

Greetings and thanks

joaojo's profile photo
joaojo
08/29/2019 1:20 p.m.

@joaojo
Yes, Cole's theme is very important.I imagine that in this forum there are already open issues on that subject or there are parents who can recommend you.

I only remember my nephew, that my brother instructed all the teachers about how to proceed if I had a hypo (many had no idea), the symptoms, gave them to the Glycagon and juices school and tb their friends in the school they knew.

greetings

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/29/2019 1:47 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much for your message @jldiazdel.I'm going to look at the forum to see if I find theme school.How lucky to have found this forum, it is wonderful to be able to receive advice from people who have been with diabetes for longer.

Greetings and happy day

joaojo's profile photo
joaojo
08/29/2019 1:58 p.m.

Hello, so if you can afford it I would opt for a quarterly G6 kit without a doubt, and so you are somewhat calm in these first months while you get information of all options in this scope, and then decide according to your objectives and needs, because forMy is fundamental in children an MCG and especially when they start ... the first thing I did when my son left the hospital was going for the G5 because he came to prick him up to 12 times a day and still was not calm ... I ask each5 minutes if you are going up or down ...

I am from Madrid and they have told me that the idea is to also subsidize the Dexcom, but these songs go slowly, slowly like Luis Fonsi's song.

In the school (public) thankfully they put a nurse (indistinctly from diabetes I think it is a very important figure for all the children there, so do not hesitate to demand it, in fact in a close school a girl debuted in April in April the nurse the nurseHe moved to control it (when it is another different school) and have already managed to have their own for this course that begins (it was that option or change the girl to our school)

I encourage and ask how much you need, that in this forum there are authentic cracks !!

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
09/03/2019 10:10 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.