10 daily controls?

minucoti's profile photo   08/29/2019 3:31 p.m.

Hello.I make five meals a day.To know how each of them influence it, I should do a control before each and another control two hours after each.There are 10 daily controls plus the morning if I lie down less than 90 in case it is too effectively.Isn't it exaggerated?Or is it usual?I still do not use quickly although I already have it in the fridge.

I add as a fact that debut in June, and for the moment I was guided by my nurse and the header as the endocrine has given me an appointment for November.I take Januvia two a day and skewer 10 Abasaglar every night.I have innolet 4 before meals if I pass 150, although I have not yet started

minucoti's profile photo
minucoti
08/29/2019 3:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To control it well if you should do 10 controls or make less meals.To know how much quickly it is necessary to measure before and then to see if you have succeeded or it is necessary to correct.That without taking into account if you do sports, which would also be good to become minimal before and then.
The truth is that the 5 meals do not see it if you are not hungry, it is to complicate your life.The fewer meals less dose of rapid and less controls but that each one has to value what they prefer.Now that you still do not use fast, if you do mid -morning and snack without hydrates you can not control you.The first days do you to see that you are going well, but if you stay stable then you can go from doing it.But if you use fast you always have to do them not to put the leg.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/29/2019 4:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Ah ok, it has become clearer, thank you very much

minucoti's profile photo
minucoti
08/29/2019 8:17 p.m.

If you use quickly once you see that you put the necessary doses I do not see necessary to look at glycemia two hours later.If you know what do you control?It takes a long time to hit with the doses, HC that you have to eat, etc. so you have to have a lot of patience.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/29/2019 10:41 p.m.

It is not at all exaggerated to get 10 controls, there are days that if something between the "mandatory" meals can be added between 2 and 4 controls or more.The greater control you have better you will know your body and your diabetes, and this is not 1+1 are 2, even if you do, eat and put yourself exactly the same insulin as the day before.

sil's profile photo
sil
08/30/2019 8:09 a.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

As @sil totally says, the problem of capillaries that can be produced that we do not observe and that are very important because the peaks are those that damage our veins and organs.
Do you have no chance of accessing a continuous measurement system with alarms?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/30/2019 8:22 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
as @sil says totally agree, the problem of capillaries that can produce peaks that we do not observe and that are very important because the peaks are those that make damage toOur veins and organs.
You have no chance of accessing a continuous measurement system with alarms?

I think that precisely is my problem ... among others, because glycosilad

cgs's profile photo
cgs
08/30/2019 12:18 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

cgs said:
jconegar said:
as @Sil says totally agree, the problem of capillaries that can produce peaks that we do not observe andThey are very important because the peaks are those that damage our veins and organs.
You have no chance of accessing a continuous measurement system with alarms?

I think that is precisely my problem ... among others, because glycosilad

To me the free just helped me down my glyc from 8.8 to 6.3 😉

sil's profile photo
sil
08/30/2019 3:16 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Do not you use free freestyle?So you can see "in real time" as is before and after your food.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
09/01/2019 4:45 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.