{'en': 'Are you still eating few proteins?', 'es': '¿Seguís comiendo pocas proteínas?'} Image

Are you still eating few proteins?

alez1983's profile photo   09/14/2020 10:05 a.m.

I will debut a month, I get a lot of weight because I was on the Pyrenees for 15 days.

I have always been to eat enough (I measure 1.78 and weight 74), hunger especially at night, measuring the hydrates are 65 grams of rice or pasta (integral) and only 100 grams of breast with a salad plate and thefruit.

I have started to train 40 km daily.At noon let me eat 120 grams of rice or pasta with which something better.

Is that 100 grams of meat is nothing !!!

I have heard that the diabetics suffer from kidneys, so I imagine that these restrictions will be for life.

Thank you so much!!

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
09/14/2020 10:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello good,

For me it has been a bit straight what you have written .. because I think the first thing you should have commented are the daily Kcal and the distribution of macros you have.

Diabetics tell us the theme of the kidneys is true, but one thing is to carry a hyperproteic diet and another not consume the minimums to maintain at least the muscle mass that is also very important.

1.5G-2G adjust per kilo of net protein body weight and see if you have deficit or not.

In your case it would be between 111-148g of daily protein.

marine's profile photo
marine
09/14/2020 10:54 a.m.

@alez1983

I do not understand very well because the proteins have restricted you so much.Let's say there is no abuse but that is for anyone, with or without diabetes.But you do sports you need to eat more proteins.

At night I try to have a light dinner, because I am doing well and that is when I do not take more than 120 gr of meat or fish and about 150 gr of vegetables and only two rations of carbohydrates.But at breakfast and food I try to eat a lot.You can take a good chicken fillet of 200 grams or eggs or sardines or salmon.Take many vegetables.Eat varied but in abundance.You should not be hungry.

As you do sports I suppose that the rations of carbohydrates that you have adjusted them with your endocrine.In your case it is very important

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/14/2020 12:48 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

At noon as 8 rations of hydrates that are usually or integral pasta or rice (approximately 120 grams), 4 portions at night or just about 60 grams.100 grams of protein at noon and night, in addition to the salad and fruit in each meal, still a hunger ... It is true that sometimes ate 500 grams of pasta to the dinner and half a kilo of meat.I usually do 12,000 bike kilometers

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
09/14/2020 1:55 p.m.

@alez1983

You have to adapt to your new situation.It is not easy.

Cyclists have many carbohydrates for obvious reasons.In your case you have to try.The most important thing is that you do not make a bike route with active insulin.Or that you learn to balance carbohydrates.The sensor will help you.

In my personal opinion, dinner half a kilo of meat, more or less, is totally excessive for anyone.Eye, I have done it exceptionally.But the only thing you do is piss proteins!And that crushes the kidneys.The body cannot process such a amount of blow proteins and less at dinner.

I would advise you very light dinners and make breakfast and powerful meals.Breakfast is very important and I know in Spain is very neglected.An error.I breakfast 4 rations of carbohydrates and as well as about 4 servings.And of course I infly with proteins both at breakfast and at food.It's a matter of adapting to your good situation

jldiazdel
09/15/2020 9:01 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel thank you very much, I see that you are quite active in the forum.I will take it more calmly, the truth is that I thought it would lose more weight but despite spending some hunger with the 1800kcal I am maintaining my weight.How do you say to bed at 60 grams of pasta.Everything is custom.A hug

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
09/16/2020 10:52 a.m.

@alez1983

"asset"

And I hope you are too and tell us how you are driving with the bike and diabetes.It is an interesting topic.

All the best
Juan Luis

jldiazdel
09/16/2020 11:24 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

A diabetic can eat practically everything like any non -diabetic person.Abuse of proteins is not good but it makes no sense that they restrict them so much.So you tell, your endocrine should be one of those who stayed in the Pleistocene.What diabetes have you diagnosed you?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/16/2020 4:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Nigiri I diagnosed type 1. I am pending the analysis.I debuted a month ago.I am 1'78 and weight 74 kilos, I have eaten whole life, no ultraprocesses a lot of fruit vegetable etc.He did not take very sugarfied food and did not consume table sugar.They told me that I am old for type 1 (I have 37) and not table in type 2. They say 90% safe type 1.
I usually do a lot of sports and I have a trade that is very physical.The truth is that I spend some hunger but I solve it with a package of almonds or daily nuts.
Right now I have a 1800kcal diet are 100 free meat at noon at noon and 100 night, 120 paste or rice at noon and 60 night, with fruit and salad plate.The endocrine told me that 40% of diabetics usually suffer from the kidney

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
09/17/2020 10:49 a.m.

If your glycosylated hemoglobin is in rank and maintain good metabolic control, you don't have to suffer any type of disorder derived from diabetes ever.My advice is that you look for another endocrine, that you talk to an educator in diabetes, to teach you to count the rations and to be able to play with insulin at eating.Depending on where you may be people, a good professional can recommend you.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/17/2020 11:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

alez1983 said:
@nigiri I diagnosed type 1. I am pending the analysis.I debuted a month ago.I am 1'78 and weight 74 kilos, I have eaten whole life, no ultraprocesses a lot of fruit vegetable etc.He did not take very sugarfied food and did not consume table sugar.They told me that I am old for type 1 (I have 37) and not table in type 2. They say 90% safe type 1.
I usually do a lot of sports and I have a trade that is very physical.The truth is that I spend some hunger but I solve it with a package of almonds or daily nuts.
Right now I have a 1800kcal diet are 100 free meat at noon at noon and 100 night, 120 paste or rice at noon and 60 night, with fruit and salad plate.The endocrine told me that 40% of diabetics usually suffer from the kidney

I would tell you to consume about 2000kcal but I don't know what your goal is, if losing, winning or maintaining weight.

On the other hand a normal cast of macronutrients would be something like ...

2 g of body KG: (148g) 592kcal
1 g of healthy fat per kg body: (74g) 666kcal
185g carbohydrates in total: 740kcal

That is, consumes ..

148g of protein
74g of fat
185g of hydrates

100g of meat are 30g of protein and consumes 200g so they are 60g.

148G-60G: 88g remaining.

Surely you only consume that as a source of proteins?Eggs, legumes such as chickpea etc ... Not just meat.

Look at it well.

If 500g of meat was coming before, you ate in a single 30g protein.

marine's profile photo
marine
09/17/2020 1:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.