{'en': 'Is it possible that the coronavirus also triggers diabetes?', 'es': '¿Es posible que el coronavirus también desencadene diabetes?'} Image

Is it possible that the coronavirus also triggers diabetes?

fer's profile photo   10/16/2020 11:56 a.m.

Matías, look.A person without diabetes is usually moved between 70 and 110 and after eating with a peak of up to 140/160.To the diabetics they tell us that on the fast we must be between 70 and 120 and that after eating until 180 we can arrive.If glucose in an hour gave you 120 ... That is a luxury.And that another hour later is 66 indicates that the pancreas has done its perfect job.
At this point and because I see that you are, I think you do well taking an appointment for a private, to see if it reassures you, because tranquility is priceless ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/05/2021 8:21 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelBota If Isabel I admit it for a long time I have a problem in that sense, everything medical makes me very bad I don't know why, I tried to do therapy but it didn't work for me, it's something very ugly that I suppose I only feel it and you understand someone who passes it.And of course it will surely make me worse at the time of results.This may be a warning to start the change now.Thanks Isabel

saitam's profile photo
saitam
06/05/2021 9:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I took the virus being diabetic.It made me be a bad month.With two income from hypoglycemia maintained from more than 400. They had to put me insulin bowling.My values ​​between 200 and 300 all the time.
As read, it could be.I had gestation to and at 10 years or less diabetic.Two years with grills and already insulin -dependent.

Eva Soler Garcia's profile photo
Eva Soler Garcia
06/06/2021 11:48 a.m.

They told me in my debut that an infection, of any virus, unleashes the immune system and in people with predisposition can massively attack the pancreas, which usually has been attacked but resisting years, and in this last attack it runs out of beta cells.
I had a urine and candid infection in the debut, they think that with the infection I did not give me symptoms triggered the attack on my pancreas.
Covid is a virus, so in people with the predisposition, it can be the final attack that gives the tip.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/06/2021 1:51 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My daughter is one of those cases, after 4 months of analysis they confirmed that her diabetes was caused by the coronavirus, since her values ​​of the antibody that cause diabetes were not altered and, as the article says, the anomal-Cov-2.He debuted with 2 and a half years.
She had a bronchitis in January 2020 that the doctors who treated her cataloged rare, at that time there was still no talk of Covid and less were tested.It lasted almost 1 month and after that the symptoms of diabetes began, but very slight that we did not know how to identify until the end of March that the girl was no longer well.At the entrance to the hospital it was when they did the Covid test and it was positive.Nobody knows since when he dragged him, but they told us that after that, they are almost sure that bronchitis was already covid.
The "curious" thing is that no one else in the family infected, neither we nor the 3 brothers, nor the family that passed Christmas together.

Jenni_Mel's profile photo
Jenni_Mel
06/07/2021 10:44 a.m.

jenni_mel said:
my daughter is one of those cases, after 4 months of analysis confirmed that their diabetes was caused by the coronavirus, since its values ​​of the antibodies that cause diabetes were notAltered and, as the article says, the anomalous was the SARS-COV-2.He debuted with 2 and a half years.
She had a bronchitis in January 2020 that the doctors who treated her cataloged rare, at that time there was still no talk of Covid and less were tested.It lasted almost 1 month and after that the symptoms of diabetes began, but very slight that we did not know how to identify until the end of March that the girl was no longer well.At the entrance to the hospital it was when they did the Covid test and it was positive.Nobody knows since when he dragged him, but they told us that after that, they are almost sure that bronchitis was already covid.
The "curious" thing is that no one more of the family infected, neither we nor the 3 brothers, nor the family that passed Christmas together.

Because of the children do not usually infect adults, I know several cases where children were positive and did not infect any relative.On the contrary it does, adults are easy for the elders to spread.And your daughter, what kind of diabetes do you have?Hasn't it improved over time?Poor with just two years.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
06/07/2021 1:17 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Hello,

We think that my son is also a case of DT1 caused by Covid.We have no history in the family (although in the two families there are cases of thyroiditis of hashimoto, which is also autoimmune), and we all pass the Covid in November 2020 (all very slight, fortunately).

At the end of January my son debuted (9 years), and for the blood glucose value he had (624), it is very likely that he would be triggered in early December after the Covid.

We will always have the unknown if I had also debuted later or not ... frankly, I prefer not to think about it!

nuka's profile photo
nuka
06/11/2021 11:05 a.m.

Hijo de 10 años con DT1 desde enero de 2021
Humalog y Abasaglar (noche)
Primera HbA1c tras el debut de 5,8% (Mayo 2021)
Freestyle Libre 2

nuka said:
hello, Hello,

We think that my son is also a case of DT1 caused by Covid.We have no history in the family (although in the two families there are cases of thyroiditis of hashimoto, which is also autoimmune), and we all pass the Covid in November 2020 (all very slight, fortunately).

At the end of January my son debuted (9 years), and for the blood glucose value he had (624), it is very likely that he would be triggered in early December after the Covid.

We will always have the unknown if I had also debuted later or not ... frankly, I prefer not to think!

Surely, it is a lot of coincidence.It is true that it is better not to think about it.I hope you take it as well as possible, every time I think about the debut of young children ..... It must be very hard but because of what they speak they all adapt very well.Adults have a lot to learn from children

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
06/16/2021 9:30 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.