{'en': 'Freestyle debut and meet oneself', 'es': 'Debut freestyle y conocerse a uno mismo'} Image

Freestyle debut and meet oneself

JuanSevillano's profile photo   09/17/2020 9:06 p.m.

Good night,

I just debuted in diabetes 1 practically hours ago and I have been reading you.

The truth is that I don't know what time I can take with her.

I am 45 years old and the truth is that it comforts that many of you lead a "normal" life and help the new ones with such information.

I have learned more with you than after my first visit to the doctor, perhaps the scare has not let me pay due attention or know what to ask.

I have a question of this morning while they did the tests to confirm several things.The nurse did not recommend the freestyle until after a while.

This disease for what I have been able to understand you, is to know yourself, especially to know when it needs insulin or sugar based on many variables and how food and after activities affect you.

However, that period is long.Wouldn't a Freestyle be something very useful even being my diagnosis so recent ???

Greetings.

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
09/17/2020 9:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Juansevillano

Hello, I just saw your message.

I'm sorry to welcome you!But don't worry.I spend more older!At first the truth is a bit hard, but with control and patience you can make your life before.

Ask in the forum all the doubts you have, that it will be many, but look at all the issues.There is a period at the beginning of learning.The more you read and learn better.Ignorance is our worst enemy!

They put the sensor here in Germany five days in the hospital.Putting a sensor does not mean that you don't have to learn to count rations of carbohydrates!

I almost kissed the coach who put it on me!You change your daily life.It helps you improve control.Avoid many punctures and it facilitates the day to day.Some sensors will give you problems, but their benefits far exceed in my opinion to the problems that can cause you.I would not hesitate.But as everything you will have to learn to use it.

All the best

Ah how you just started a recommendation: avoid hypoglycemia!You will understand me in a few months.But try to avoid them.You will have some like everyone else, and you will put the legs, like everyone else.Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/17/2020 9:21 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I would wait for freestyle, first learn how this is going.
Learn little by little and then you put it on.
That is my advice, well is what I would.Here you will find very nice people who will help you, your question and always try to consult your doctor.
Welcome!!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/17/2020 9:37 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
@juansevillano

Hello, I just saw your message.

I'm sorry to welcome you!But don't worry.I spend more older!At first the truth is a bit hard, but with control and patience you can make your life before.

Ask in the forum all the doubts you have, that it will be many, but look at all the issues.There is a period at the beginning of learning.The more you read and learn better.Ignorance is our worst enemy!

They put the sensor here in Germany five days in the hospital.Putting a sensor does not mean that you don't have to learn to count rations of carbohydrates!

I almost kissed the coach who put it on me!You change your daily life.It helps you improve control.Avoid many punctures and it facilitates the day to day.Some sensors will give you problems, but their benefits far exceed in my opinion to the problems that can cause you.I would not hesitate.But as everything you will have to learn to use it.

All the best

Ah how you just started a recommendation: avoid hypoglycemia!You will understand me in a few months.But try to avoid them.You will have some like everyone else, and you will put the legs, like everyone else.Cheer up

Thank you very much, hopefully they are few.It is one of the reasons why I think the apparatus is essential

JuanSevillano
09/17/2020 9:37 p.m.

It is not essential, keep in mind that Freestyle I think it started selling in Spain in 2014, that you think we were doing before?Improve without it, but this also has seasons) if it is true that it helps to meet, but it does not miracles.If you don't know how to drive without the least.You carry little, learn and inform yourself before this disease.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/17/2020 9:45 p.m.

anaisabel said:
essential is not, keep in mind that the freestyle I think it began to be sold in Spain in 2014, that you think we did before? .... I do not take it, but I have taken it and the same survival without him (I have managed to improve without it, but this also has seasons) if it is true that it helps to meet, but does not do miracles.If you don't know how to drive without the least.You carry little, learn and inform yourself before this disease.

I agree Anaisabel, it is essential to know a disease that I do totally, I am frankly lost.

JuanSevillano
09/17/2020 10 p.m.

juansevillano said:
good night:

I just debuted in diabetes 1 practically hours ago and I have been reading you.The truth is that I do not know what time I can take with her. I have 45 years and the truth is that it comforts that many of you lead a "normal" life and help the new ones with such information.I have learned more with you than after my first visit to the doctor, perhaps the scare has not let me pay due attention or know what to ask.

I have a question of this morning while they did the tests to confirm several things.The nurse did not recommend the freestyle until after a while.This disease for what I have been able to understand you, is to know yourself, especially to know when you need insulin or sugar based on many variables and how food and after activities affect you.However, that period is long.A freestyle would not be very useful even being so recent my diagnosis ???Greetings.

Knowing now the free freestyle, if they had offered it from day 1, I would have taken it.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
09/17/2020 11:09 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
juansevillano said:
good night:

I just debuted in diabetes 1 practically hours ago and I have been reading you.The truth is that I do not know what time I can take with her. I have 45 years and the truth is that it comforts that many of you lead a "normal" life and help the new ones with such information.I have learned more with you than after my first visit to the doctor, perhaps the scare has not let me pay due attention or know what to ask.

I have a question of this morning while they did the tests to confirm several things.The nurse did not recommend the freestyle until after a while.This disease for what I have been able to understand you, is to know yourself, especially to know when you need insulin or sugar based on many variables and how food and after activities affect you.However, that period is long.A freestyle would not be very useful even being so recent my diagnosis ???Greetings.

Knowing now the free freestyle, if they had offered it from day 1, I would have taken it.

Thank you very much David

JuanSevillano
09/18/2020 12:13 a.m.

Welcome ,

I think that the nurse has decided to tell you that for alubion of information that you have to digest and that you have been reading .. but otherwise the free gives you more information ... I do not think that you come badly the truth to all has changed us toBetter our day by day even if the system still has its defects and we have to learn.

marine's profile photo
marine
09/18/2020 8:28 a.m.

Welcome @juansevillano!I also remember the first day of diagnosis, with a lot of doubts and not finding out almost anything they were telling me.But, quiet, you'll see how soon those sensations pass.
It took me a few months to give me the free style and, during that time, I learned many things (many of them here).But I am also of the opinion that if they had given me at the beginning, I do not say the first day but within a few weeks, I would have been very good.Obviously, you can live without him, but if you have the possibility of using it it is a great opportunity.It is a good way to know how our body reacts to food and to control the disease much better.For me, Free Style marked a before and after.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/18/2020 9:01 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Thanks Carussa and Marine.I think like you.Putting the device is constant information regardless of whether I have to learn to dedicate me, to count rations and so on.I do not doubt that even with the freestyle I will have the tests in case there is error in the placement of the patch, but the information that gives and above all the peace of mind that it can notify you in certain circumstances is vital.I am very clueless, I am afraid of all this and maybe this for quality of life.

JuanSevillano
09/18/2020 9:07 a.m.

@Juansevillano encouragement !!I have to say that Freestyle has helped me a lot to understand in "real time" what happens to my body when as certain things.It is not the panacea but it gives you quality of life.It is true that it does not mean that you have to form in the issue of rations and others.But it is a very useful tool.

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
09/19/2020 7:18 a.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp
A1c: 5,6% diciembre 2022
Bomba de insulina Minimed 780G y Guardian Connect 3 desde marzo 2021

amiranda said:
@juanevillano mood !!I have to say that Freestyle has helped me a lot to understand in "real time" what happens to my body when as certain things.It is not the panacea but it gives you quality of life.It is true that it does not mean that you have to form in the issue of rations and others.But it is a very useful tool.

Thank you so much.From what I have read in your comments is an important advance since it gives you freedom and tranquility.I understand that it is much easier when controlling hypos and levels, and also, it helps to know you, perhaps the fear that gives me the most.The truth is that all this is a new world and everything that is a device that is notifying and controlling you I think a little light.

JuanSevillano
09/19/2020 8:56 a.m.

Just inform you that the diagnosis is now in the air, not about diabetes, since it is evidence but for having given negative in Antigad and Antia2, I suppose it will be a lad diabetes.I have read you occasion about her.Anyway, no idea.How strange is all.

JuanSevillano
09/22/2020 4:23 p.m.

juansevillano said:
good night,

I just debuted in diabetes 1 practically hours ago and I have been reading you.

The truth is that I don't know what time I can take with her.

I am 45 years old and the truth is that it comforts that many of you lead a "normal" life and help the new ones with such information.

I have learned more with you than after my first visit to the doctor, perhaps the scare has not let me pay due attention or know what to ask.

I have a question of this morning while they did the tests to confirm several things.The nurse did not recommend the freestyle until after a while.

This disease for what I have been able to understand you, is to know yourself, especially to know when it needs insulin or sugar based on many variables and how food and after activities affect you.

However, that period is long.Wouldn't a Freestyle be something very useful even being my diagnosis so recent ???

Greetings.

Good luck in this new stage, as you say, you can lead a perfectly normal life.

marta5's profile photo
marta5
09/24/2020 10:32 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.