{'en': 'Diabetes, Covid and Work', 'es': 'Diabetes, COVID y trabajo'} Image

Diabetes, Covid and Work

micadur's profile photo   09/27/2020 11:54 p.m.

Hello!!

I ask you if someone has been in a similar situation.

I work as computer programmer.From the confinement of March I have been working from home, I can do it from home on equal terms than in the office (really, I work much more at home and I am infinitely more productive without distractions and well ... in my case withoutDoubt is beneficial for me and for the company).

In the office there are colleagues who, as soon as the confinement ended they returned to work there.Others stay at home and continue working from home.It is a closed site, with hardly any ventilation, which I had to go on a couple of occasions by meetings during these months and I have observed that no one carries a mask and no hygiene or disinfection measures are fulfilled (the only measure is a gel boathydroalcoholic at the door).My boss is from "nothing happens, you have to return to normal life, the mask is a ball that they have put us, etc etc")

The fact is that they called me last week so that this week I would work there again.I did not refuse in resounding, I do not want to have problems, but at all times I said that I did not agree and that I wanted to continue from home.In the end we were to go to the office "a few days yes and others not, for the moment."

In this coronavirus it is clear that each one takes it as more interests, and that the safety of others matters little when it is not pending of the one/a.But my position is very conservative, and I avoid any situation that entails being in a closed place with people around.In short, I don't want to return to the office, I want to continue from home.

My question is whether to be diabetic (type 1, I am 45 years old, diabetic since the 10, well controlled and without complications, I take great care) I can use it as a justified reason to continue from home.If we did not reach an agreement, because I see them coming.I would like to know if with any kind of medical proof or I do not know ... "something" that in case they would like to look for my tickle could claim to continue working from home with total confidence.

Anyone in a similar situation or who can tell me something?

Greetings and thank you very much :-)

micadur's profile photo
micadur
09/27/2020 11:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If negligence is being committed in your work for not complying with the security measures that the State says, then you will tell me how they will look for the tickles .....

marine's profile photo
marine
09/28/2020 10:49 a.m.

I agree with what @marine said, if they do not meet the basic security measures, they should not be able to do much.I think they must ensure that workers perform their activity with the necessary measures to address this situation.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/28/2020 12:19 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Go to risk prevention, they will advise you.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/28/2020 1:50 p.m.

I have sent me a PDF with the Covid course, indicating that people with our pathology, have preferably teleworking and specific meetings in the office.Previously on several occasions they have sent an email remembering that the mask is mandatory.
I was in August for a week, the next one I took down, and in October they intended to go to the office.
I answered that email asking that with whom I must speak, for my pathology that they themselves recommend that teleworking, if with them or with those responsible for shifts and department, since also, I do not know respect the use of a mask.
That 15 days ago, I am still waiting for an answer, but all activity has been canceled in the office, which by the way is in one of the confined areas ..

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
09/28/2020 8:57 p.m.

I sent the reports to the mutual and recommended to put myself in a place where there was not much influx.I have continued to work since all this move began because, what do we do?Until when should we be locked up?This does not paint that it will end soon and as a rule of 3, we would have to be at home during the flu or allergy.Therefore, at some point you have to go to work (for those of us who cannot telework) yes, mask and every time a little gel and continue with life.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
09/29/2020 8:19 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

I work in education, in secondary school, and the only "measure" that the administration gives me is to put me four or five masks at the same time and use gel, a lot of gel ... and I have two groups alone (part -time) butA total of 50 students (22 in one and 28 in another, then they say that the ratios have dropped ... I don't know where)

cgs's profile photo
cgs
09/29/2020 11:32 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Hello!

Thank you very much for the comments, they have helped me to face the situation and see many points of view.I thank you very much, really.I have made a "mix" with the opinions ... and it has worked.I called this morning to say "without wanting to cause problems" that a site where security measures are not respected, nor could they guarantee the safety of their workers and taking into account that teleworking is advised for certain groups such as ours, being able to perform theI work from home, because "to advise me" I would go to mutual to prevention of risk to comment to see what advised me.

"Holy Hand" hey.Immediate answer: "Don't worry, nothing happens, stay the time you need. The important thing is that you are well and that you feel safe."On Friday, they told me the opposite.That was in the office already "yes or yes."Anyway, in the end there is nothing like clencing the nuts a bit and "remember" that there are certain rules that must be met.

I understand that you have to go out and of course work.But having the opportunity to do teleworking, going to work in a little safe environment, where the company does not take measures or recommendations seriously, I will not assume that risk.At least until this matter is taken seriously.

In short and for the moment ... happy ending.Thank you very much: blush:

micadur's profile photo
micadur
09/29/2020 11:32 p.m.

Starting because they do not comply with the measures made by the Government, it is very difficult for you to reason.

marta5's profile photo
marta5
09/30/2020 10:18 a.m.

Before a mutual had the prevention service, not now, they are different things.
The company has the obligation to contact the risk prevention service if the worker requests it, and the worker can also do so and they will consider it with the company.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/30/2020 12:57 p.m.

Hello, I am a Typei Diabetic and I am a nurse how I am in the first Linia Occupational Risks has played me a role to not see respiratory patients and some Tele partners work from home and that a lot of virtual visit is made.In principle, Occupational Risks have to play a role and with the new law you can telework.I guess if the thing gets very sching I hope they leave me to work or get down.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
10/04/2020 12:26 p.m.

yaizaj said:
hello I am diabetic typei and I am a nurse how I am in the first lyingQ is a lot of virtual visit.In principle, Occupational Risks have to play a role and with the new law you can telework.I guess if the thing gets very sching I hope they leave me to work or get down.

Yaiza, because I am in a similar situation and yet I am working normal, since the alarm state was built, the figure of especially sensitive personnel disappeared, so to work normal, I am a family doctor in a health center, I was tele -trabingA month but then normal and I do not understand the difference because we are more or less equally evil that then and from Occupational Health they tell me that I have a risk level 2 by my pathology (type 1 diabetes), I think there are four levels of risk, thenThe 2 is that I can see everything, including suspicious ptes of covid, the only thing I cannot do is procedures with aerosols and CRUENTS CRUENTS RCP or INTUBATION etc.Sin.mbargo in the documents the diabetes still appear as the first of the risk pathologies for Covid, so to see if we clarify but meanwhile, there we are ... I already have 38 years of diabetes.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/08/2020 10:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.