Slow insulin only at night?!

minucoti's profile photo   09/17/2019 3:09 p.m.

Hello, I am curious.I use slow abasaglar insulin 10 units.The nurse told me to put it at night, I wear it at 8 for a while before dinner to take advantage and drink carbohydrates.It covers me all night, without hypoglycemia, and I wake up less than 100.

During the day anything other than vegetables or meat goes up to 200, it would not be better to put the slow in the morning and cover you all day?!

Thank you

minucoti's profile photo
minucoti
09/17/2019 3:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@minucti

Hello, I am T1 and TB I use a slow abasaglar (but 4 u. Sometimes increased to 6 on vacation) and during the fast day in the function of the CH Q as.

The fact that you get up in 100 indicates that the units of slow that you put go very well.Keep in mind that this insulin does not really last 24 h.

You would probably have to put some fast insulin during the day, depending on the ch q commas.Or since you are t2 take Aguna pill.Talk to your endocrine.

An alternative that some are distributed slowly.One part at night and another in the morning.The only thing I have practiced if I am on vacation and I go for dinner late is to put a part of slow before leaving and then the rest when I get home, and it has done well.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/17/2019 3:19 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

You lack insulin for meals, the slow one has it well dosing.
Ask your doctor, with 1 units at meals you would be on the right thresholds.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/18/2019 9:24 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Slow insulin is to cover all day, so you can put it when you want to eat if you are going to eat or have eaten.You have always put it at the same time since it covers, supposedly, 24 hours.
If after eating food you have high glucose it is because you need fast insulin.
Tell your doctor those peaks that you have and will guide you a more suitable treatment for your diabetes 1 or 2.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/19/2019 5:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.