Sere type 1 diabetes ???

manu42's profile photo   10/25/2020 8:40 a.m.

Good morning, a month and a half ago debut in type 1 diabetes (well I am waiting for the results of the antibodies, but the endocrine told me that I am 90%) I started with the fast 8-6-8 and slow 24 but I haveI have lowering the needs up to 1-1-1 and 16, but this week I am having dasses after meals, so I have been quickly, and my values ​​are: before breakfast 99 and 2 hours later 101, beforefrom eating 101 after 2 hours of eating 111, before dinner 100 and 2 hours later after 141, as between hours TB carbohydrates, and I make a diet of 2000 kalorias eating more than those who put me. I am made a mess !!!!If I sulked 1 unity I have dasses, having what the endocrine tells me on Monday, slowly if I wear

manu42's profile photo
manu42
10/25/2020 8:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Suppose that, indeed, you have DT1 ... the first months after debutWhat's up, you can end up in Hipay and if you don't put it on, you can end up in hyper.Little by little you will see that you need the fast for meals and the correct dose will be stabilized.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
10/25/2020 9:11 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

@manu42

As they tell you, it goes through a honeymoon period (if you have DT1).At first I only put half insulin unit (my novopen bole admits half u.) But at night I had to put something else.I lasted to me about two months.Then they gradually increase the fast needs.And I stabilized at six months.The important thing is that you control yourself as you do, calculate the amounts of carbohydrates that you eat (regularity can help you a lot, that is, try to break breakfast the same portions) and that you adjust the rapid if necessary.The problem is that that period in which the pancreas continues to work something is very variable and depends on each person.

I cost me more time to adjust the slow.I had to go down and go down, until I checked that I woke up more or less in the values ​​in which I was used to and that I had no whim at night.I have just put 6 u.But on vacation I usually increase slow to 7 or 8 u.

Ah, when you go to the endocrine, ask him, replace him, take him away, who sends you a continuous glucose monitor.You will improve the quality of life and help you a lot.Depending on where you live, I think they give it to you for free.They usually put the Abbott Frestyle free sensor 2.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/25/2020 11:43 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.