Rapid insulin allergy

mjsm's profile photo   09/24/2019 6:54 p.m.

Good afternoon.
Does anyone in this forum allergy to fast insulin?
The daughter of a friend has been confirmed that she has allergy to Novorapid, Ace and Humalog.She lives in Barcelona and doctors there they say they don't know any cases and for now they find no solution.
I know some case of friends with slow insulin allergy whose solution was to put the insulin bomb, but with rapid insulin allergy I did not know any until now.
Let's see if someone from here can share their experience.
Thank you.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
09/24/2019 6:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Try FIASP.
And if it doesn't work, try human insulins (not analogues).
Or that doctors look and try insulins coils / pigs.
Or it could also be that the allergy was caused by the metal of the needle, and in that case that he tried other needle brands (BD, InsUPEN, ...) or insulin injection ports (iPort, ...) or pumpsInsulin with Teflon cannula.
And in any case, if none of this works, the insulin / administration technique that less allergy produced in combination with the best mixture of antihistamines would have to be left with the insulin / technique.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
09/24/2019 7:36 p.m.

@MJSM, I wrote you a private ... greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
09/25/2019 10:58 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

If you do not get any of the fast to work you can try regulating, it is much slower than the fast ones, but if you carry a very low diet in HC it can work very well because the action curve covers very well the rise of proteins andAs HC barely get (only vegetables, nuts and seeds) could work.
The first thing is to see all the other options that have told you, but if they all give it allergy that could be a solution.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/26/2019 10:56 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
If it does not get any of the rapids to work you can try regulating, it is much slower than the fast ones, but if you carry a very low diet in HC it can work very well becauseThe action curve covers very well the increase in proteins and as HC is barely put (only vegetables, nuts and seeds) could work.
The first thing is to see all the other options that have told you, but if they all give it allergy that could be a solution.

Thank you very much for the information.
They just informed me that they have recommended a doctor in Barcelona who is very put in these types of cases.
I will tell you what they have told him.
Thank you

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
09/26/2019 4:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.