{'en': 'Intermittent fasting and low carbohydrate diet ... Can a "rebound effect" occur?', 'es': 'Ayuno intermitente y dieta baja en carbohidratos ... ¿Puede ocurrir un "efecto rebote"?'} Image

Intermittent fasting and low carbohydrate diet ... Can a "rebound effect" occur?

Sipio's profile photo   09/28/2019 5:30 p.m.

Hello everyone!

This is my first publication on this website and I would like to share with all of you this question I have ...

First, I would like to explain that I started the I.FAST diet and low-carb two weeks ago;After trying other diets, I decided to use this and see what happens ...

And I'm happy!I use a 16: 8 for intermittent fasting and I begin to feel the effects on my body

However, I worry about one thing: if I reach my goal, after losing weight, could I experience a "rebound effect" even if I continue with my diet and my fasting program?

I'm afraid of this, if my body will be fat again, even if I keep this diet and intermittent fasting for a long time

For IF users, do you think this is possible?

How was your experience after months or years making a low carbohydrate diet and fasting?

I really appreciate your comments and advice.Thanks for reading my text!☺😊

Sipio's profile photo
Sipio
09/28/2019 5:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The rebound effect occurs because forces to your body to spend less calories and slowdown metabolism.It is falling into the popular deception that to lose weight you have to eat fewer calories than you spend.If your reference weight is 90 kilos and forces the machine eating less to go down to 80, you will immediately get to 90 as soon as you neglect and more.That is rebound effect.

It is as if you put the air conditioning at 15 degrees at home and you die of cold in winter and to fight it because you put the stove butt.At first you will notice heat but after minutes it is activated again and the broken stove is probably finished.Was the problem the stove?Was it of poor quality?No, you just had the air on.

If your body forces to lose weight feeding less when your reference weight is 90, in the end you will return to 90. What you have to do is lower your reference weight.A very good way to do it is with fasting and with low car diets.Having a lot of insulin and eating many refined carbohydrates will make you fat.Eating healthy fats and proteins is better, against what doctors wanted to sell for decades, but I imagine that if you are on that path, you know that the truth has never been to eat 300g or more of hydrates a day.

If you want to know more, I recommend "The Code of Obesity" by Jason Fung (also has one of fasting, but I have not read it yet).Now I warn you that if you read it you will begin to be part of a "sect" of people who go against popular belief.

Foxandxss's profile photo
Foxandxss
10/06/2019 10:54 a.m.

foxandxss said:
The rebound effect occurs because forces to your body to spend less calories and slowdown metabolism.It is falling into the popular deception that to lose weight you have to eat fewer calories than you spend.If your reference weight is 90 kilos and forces the machine eating less to go down to 80, you will immediately get to 90 as soon as you neglect and more.That is rebound effect.

It is as if you put the air conditioning at 15 degrees at home and you die of cold in winter and to fight it because you put the stove butt.At first you will notice heat but after minutes it is activated again and the broken stove is probably finished.Was the problem the stove?Was it of poor quality?No, you just had the air on.

If your body forces to lose weight feeding less when your reference weight is 90, in the end you will return to 90. What you have to do is lower your reference weight.A very good way to do it is with fasting and with low car diets.Having a lot of insulin and eating many refined carbohydrates will make you fat.Eating healthy fats and proteins is better, against what doctors wanted to sell for decades, but I imagine that if you are on that path, you know that the truth has never been to eat 300g or more of hydrates a day.

If you want to know more, I recommend "The Code of Obesity" by Jason Fung (also has one of fasting, but I have not read it yet).Now I warn you that if you read it you will begin to be part of a "sect" of people who go against popular belief.

Thank you very much for the information and for taking your time to write me
Currently, I try to make a low carbohydrate diet and make intermittent fasting.I will try to do it more rigorously in the coming weeks!Again, thanks for your advice :)

Sipio's profile photo
Sipio
10/13/2019 11:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.