Illogical hypoglycemia

AgustiPN's profile photo   10/04/2020 11:54 a.m.

Good morning.
I am a rookie in this diabetes (it was a gift of confinement) and I still do not know how the body responds to certain situations, I will explain the one before yesterday, which seemed completely illogical.
I had to practice a blood extraction for an analysis at noon and, of course, I did not have breakfast.I had the glycemia index to 94, common in me before breakfast.
Once the extraction was practiced I went to a bar and asked for a ham sandwich, a coffee with milk (with saccharin), for dessert a donut and an American coffee (with saccharin).
I thought the logical thing (after bread and donut) is that I had a peak of glycemia and I measured it, to my amazement it turned out to be the other way around, two and a half hours after I had a 52I had a bass bounce.
You can explain it to me, thank you.

AgustiPN's profile photo
AgustiPN
10/04/2020 11:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Agustipn

Do not tell us if you have type 1 or 2 diabetes.

A person with type 1 diabetes after that breakfast would easily be 300.If you are type 2, perhaps the medication is excessive.But it is best to talk to the doctor.But if you are type 1 you would have to have a very severe hypoglycemia so that after that breakfast with Donut!I did not put you in 300.

Greetings and what breakfast envy!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/04/2020 2:32 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@agustipn

Do not tell us if you have type 1 or 2 diabetes.

A person with type 1 diabetes after that breakfast would easily be 300.If you are type 2, perhaps the medication is excessive.But it is best to talk to the doctor.But if you are type 1 you would have to have a very severe hypoglycemia so that after that breakfast with Donut!I did not put you in 300.

Greetings and what breakfast envy!

Excuse me omission, I have a budget that, when I said that it was a rookie in this diabetes, you would deduce that it is tracts from type 2.

Do not envy me for that breakfast, it was an exception, my normal breakfast are comprehensive toast with a light cheese, skim milk and coffee, all sweetened with saccharin.

Thus I get my controls between 90 and 100.

Thanks for the answer.

AgustiPN's profile photo
AgustiPN
10/04/2020 5:52 p.m.

It was healthy envy!Especially for the ham sandwich!

In any case, you are right that what happened to you is very curious and you should tell your endocrine.You also know that we have days and days.For example, if I do a lot of sport one day, I can notice the next day.But other times I do the same and nothing.I call it X files.

With your medication I don't know how it works, but I use the three -day rule.Three days of error followed is the time to change rapid or slow insulin dose.

Greetings and continue with those breakfasts!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/04/2020 7:42 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

It must not be scared with X files (which we look like a sect).
The explanation is much simpler: your own organism does that every time there is a very prolonged fast (very different about previous days).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/04/2020 9:15 p.m.

Change the glucometer, I when it makes me a "weird" like that, I measure me several times, changing my finger and even hand, since they fail

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
10/06/2020 11:42 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.