Recent type 1 10 years. Do you indicate not quickly put in collations because that's what is slow?

Danielita76's profile photo   10/02/2019 7:13 p.m.

Hello!The son of an acquaintance was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a few weeks ago, they gave him NPH as slow and told him that in the collations it is not necessary to get quickly because that's what the slow is for ..... This indication will be because he just begins?If you have more than 150 if you should get fast at meals but not ..... This is why it is because it starts.But I never listen to that of the slow, my 7 -year -old son has DBT 1 and so coma 7 ch has to put on even 0.5u fast ...
What do you think?

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
10/02/2019 7:13 p.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

The NPH is a slow with a peak, which is used for meals.It gets twice a day, but it is very slave to meal hours, and can cause hypoglycemia by day and night.
Before flat slow insulins, children had that treatment with only two doses per day.
But it is no longer used.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/02/2019 7:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Of course, it catches my attention that the collations do not go with fast insulin.It is surely because recently begins.But tell him that the slow is to be able to eat collations and keep it ... that is very rare.Hopefully it was like that!

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
10/02/2019 10:15 p.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

At first and being a child, he still has insulin reservations (and the honeymoon has to pass) and with the slow one he covers him, little by little, he will see that he will be needing a little quick in meals, but eventhat does not pass the honeymoon, you can end up in hiccup if it gets fast

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
10/03/2019 7:03 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.