Has anyone uploaded the peptide C?

fjga's profile photo   10/13/2020 6:44 p.m.

Hello my 9 -year -old daughter Maria debuted with type 1 diabetes, in January.We are giving you a treatment based on vitamin 3 and Omega 3 since we left the hospital.At three months, the 0.48 to 1.16 peptide has risen.The endocrine that sees us caught that variation and wanted to know how much the peptide C after the debut
.Thank you very much and a lot of strength

fjga's profile photo
fjga
10/13/2020 6:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @fjga, welcome to the forum!

I understand that what you say is additional to insulin, no?, That is, that your daughter follows insulin treatment, and that additionally this climb of the C peptide has had, is that?

Thank you!

fer's profile photo
fer
10/13/2020 10:48 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

If that is.She has treated insulin since the debut, slow at night and fast at meals, three months after leaving the hospital in the first analytics the result of the peptide was 0.48, three months later it came out 1.16.Endo tells us that it is not usual that it is normal for it to go down or that in the best case it is stable a time, and then go down gradually until it stays to zero.
What we know is that the higher the peptide, the greater the insulin produces it and less must be put.
There is a very very curious thing in all this diabetes, and it is that practically 100% of the children who develop it have low or very low vitamin D.The only thing we are doing apart from all those who indicate to us in the hospital is the supplementation that I have indicated above and that the endo told us that there was no problem in carrying it out (it is supervising) and in those we are.So now it's time to wait for the next analysis and see if you keep up.
Thanks for your interest.
All the best

fjga's profile photo
fjga
10/13/2020 11:22 p.m.

Many moods @fjga I hope you recover normal levels soon, I also recommend that you read the subject about being the father of children with diabetes, I think you will find it interesting.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/14/2020 9:16 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@fjga It is normal to go down.

I have been controlling these 5 years and last year I was already at 0.15;When I debuted I had it at 0.85;In the last review the endocrine told me that 0.15 is zero of pancreatic reserve.

I guess children have greater recovery capacity than adults.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/15/2020 9:28 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The subject is to look to see if with the treatment it is able to go up reserve.Thank you very much for your comment

fjga's profile photo
fjga
10/15/2020 10:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.