{'en': 'Matías González Sánchez: "I just missed a game in my life for diabetes"', 'es': 'Matías González Sánchez: "Solo me perdí un partido en mi vida por la diabetes"'} Image

Matías González Sánchez: "I just missed a game in my life for diabetes"

fer's profile photo   10/16/2020 11:46 a.m.

Matías González Sánchez (Murcia, June 2, 1983) belonged to Elpozo in his most golden time.This professor who runs a extracurricular services company has now become a popular corridor that also makes duatlons.

He was only two years in the Murcian club quarry before debuting in the First Division and knowing that it is diabetic.

How were your sports beginnings?
I started at school to play room with friends, but I did not get to play federated until the age of 15.I went to the mountain range, a year later to Elpozo's youth and the next season I debuted in the First Division.

Well, many stages jumped.
I was a neighborhood player.I studied at the Saavedra Fajardo and was swollen to watch room football because I did not miss a match at the Palace or the Prince of Asturias on Saturdays.

How much was in Elpozo?
I debuted with 18 years and I was until 23. My last season was when we won the 2005-2006 League in the final to Polaris Cartagena.After I went to Carnicer and soon I returned and I was in Caravaca, Cartagena and Córdoba.

Was he formed academically while playing?
Yes. I am a teacher and I was one of the first scholarships of the UCAM along with Sergio, the goalkeeper.Now I have a company of events and extracurricular activities, but with the Coronavirus everything has been stopped and now we have started with morning services, but from the 13th you can already do outdoor activities such as room soccer, skating, dance, English, English,Robotics, we do everything.

What is left of your stage as a professional player?
I have the personal feeling of having lived the most beautiful stage of room football, with players with a lot of charisma.I agreed in Elpozo with Kike, Álvaro, Paulo Roberto, Lenísio, Vinicius, Wilde, Bacaro and Juanjo, among many others, players who, however, I am looking for right now, I can't find them.

Do you keep memories of the time?
Especially my mother, who, as I worked in the mayor's office, kept me all the cuts of the newspapers and has them stored.I try to save because I like to remember it.

They had a bad luck to coincide with one of the best interviú in history. It was a super team, with all international players, but they had the measure.

We were a very aggressive team, which pressed a lot, and they gave us the weight of the game.They were waiting for us on average, they stole and had a great power of definition.

Did you leave the sport after living football?
No, I continued because I am diabetic.Sport helps me a lot and when I stopped playing I started making popular races and some half marathon.Little by little I also took the bike's taste and swim and tried the triathlon.Possibly I dedicate more hours than when I played in Elpozo.In fact weight now 7 kilos than when I played, but it is also true that I had more muscle for work in the Gimansio.

What tests do you do now?
I make popular races and duatlones.

Do you like to get many kilometers?
No, I do short tests, but training yes.I train a lot.

And what have you found in popular sport?
The end is to compete, but it helps me to evade work and stress.During that time you disconnect.I come from a team sport, but there are many clubs and groups in the region that are formed to go to train.They are very social sports and it is hard for me to train alone.I am not lonely, I like contact and be with people.

Does still seeing room football?
Yes but no.I do not expressly get in front of TV to watch a game, but I am doing something on the computer or eating, I do look at.Keep in mind that there are also companions of my time who are still active, such as Juanjo, who has now returned to Elpozo.We were roommates until I left.I follow football, but I don't like the current one, which is veryforeseeable.As the economic level has also dropped, there are very young players playing first charging four bitches.Now there is nothing that attracts me to go to the palace on Saturday or get in front of television.

I miss a Paulo Roberto.
And I was my idol and then we were colleagues.Paulo hooked all Murcia because he was a pure and hard show.

Do you have any madness in the lead to do?
I plan to make a marathon.I tried to prepare that of Seville, which is very beautiful, but with the aim of getting out of three hours, but I don't have time with work.But I am also given 1,500 and I was going to the Spanish championship because I had the minimum, but with the Covid everything was cut.

Do you have a coach?
Yes, with Nico and Guillaume Le Mouhaer, which are two machines.

Is it considered competitive?
I do not lose my life, but I like to do things with a meaning, always looking for challenges.With diabetes it is very complicated, it is a handicap, because the day that something happens to us for stress or nerves.

With what age did you diagnose diabetes?
With 14 or 15 years.I entered the emergency department because I was playing in the mountain range and started losing weight and went to cleaning twenty times a day.They made me an analytical and called my mother from the medical center to tell him to take me to the emergency room because I had 200 sugar.I arrived at the hospital with 600, about to diabetic coma, because normal is 80 or 100. I changed my life completely and the first doctor I had told me that I had to leave the sport because it was not good, when in reality it is allopposite.Then came an endocrine friend of the family who told me to forget that and continue to play sports.And the following year I filed in the youthfulpozo and the next debut in the First Division and was the captain of the subsidiary.

And what kind of player was it?
I was very tactical, more than a technician, and that helped me a lot.In addition, he had colleagues who did very easy football and who were on top of young people.And then there was doubt that on a personal level it left me much to be desired in some aspects, but as a coach is the best.

Did you spend a ride?
Yes, in a concentration in Sierra Nevada.The machine passed me all over my head and I went a whole month with a crest.

How did you live with diabetes during your professional player?
Very good because sport helps you a lot.As I always had the same routine, it was very easy for me.However, now that I have entered to work in turn in Fini treats, it is more complicated, but little by little you get to know.I remember that I missed a game because I suffered a fading at the door of the palace.I had stayed with Álvaro and Chico Lins to see basketball play, but dinner was delayed and gave me a downturn.The ambulance came and I was admitted to the hospital.Just that time I missed a game for diabetes.Juanpi, for example, debuted in Elpozo when he was detected the diabetes.I gave him a hand at the time and I am willing to collaborate with who asks me.But it is more stick for the family than for you.

Did you end up disenchanted with living football or eager to continue?
I have a bittersweet taste because I came from Madrid after signing three years in Carnicer in the first because I was not comfortable.In addition, I had taken a very big disappointment because I thought I was going to continue playing in Elpozo, but told me that I did not follow because Mauricio had to climb from the subsidiary.Months before he spoke with me and told me that I was the future captain of Elpozo.I had no problem in training three times a day, but I had to start watching football differently.I have always been a person to be in the neighborhood, with my friends, and I found that no club looked like Elpozo because most leave much to be desired.Besides, I leftBujalance, in Córdoba, and in the fourth month they told us that they took 40% of the salary.

Did you make money in living football?
No. 18 years old had a level that no other kid of that age was, but I was not lucky enough to earn so much money.I had assumed it was a period.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/16/2020 11:46 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.