I open a thread to talk about those diabetes that are suspected may be caused by uncontrolled medications.

There has been the belief that statin is magical for years and only generates benefits in people with vascular cardio problems and bad cholesterol.On many occasions people who have suffered an angina, have very high cholesterol or a heart attack are also crammed to this medicine diabetics.It is evidence that lowers cholesterol levels but side effects can be a future problem for the patient who did not have before.

It is known that diabetes generates vascular cardio problems, and it is known that statins can be the cause of diabetes, but this is never counted, or at least they did not specify it.They also generate other uncomfortable effects such as muscle aches.

My case is curious, I do not have a familiar known with diabetes, I am thin but for having had an angina I took the highest rates of statins for my cholesterol 0.80.My doctor was excited about my good analytics, but he never looked at the sugar as I should.Still it was not exaggerated 108, 110 on an empty stomach and helped by statins that increase that range a bit.The point is that 7 months later a diabetes has come out.He only cared that he had cholesterol in 120 and bad cholesterol in 40. In fact, I continue with the medication because it is an evidence that reduces cholesterol and already diabetes will not cause me because I already have it.

And I say, they solve an angina caused by effort, they put a stent, and they leave me a diabetes, in principle the 2. Where is the benefit?No other options?Do you solve a problem generating another?

Greetings to all and much encouragement