{'en': "I can't control my sugar", 'es': 'No logro controlar mi azúcar'} Image

I can't control my sugar

Kandy's profile photo   11/16/2020 8:19 a.m.

Good day.

I have been living with type 1 diabetes for 20 years, intermediate and fast insulin use.

For the first time, I can't lower my sugar, the levels are at 250 to 400.

I was injected with 200 Unid of NPH and 100 quickly per day.

I'm going crazy about 15 days.

The first 7 days of the month I was taking an antibiotic for pharyngitis, which I thought has occasion to me this problem, but I've already been going to normal for many days.

My DR only attends by appointment and it is until November 24, I would like to know if someone has happened to someone, 14 days without control and what they have done.

It's not for food, I'm not eating more than vegetables.

I thank you in advance.

Kandy's profile photo
Kandy
11/16/2020 8:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are 42 factors that affect blood glucose.But if you have proven everything and still high, I think it is due to your emotions.Anxiety, stress and concerns usually raise blood glucose, I tell you from experience.
Try to exercise, is the only natural way to reduce blood glucose.Greetings

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
11/16/2020 9:34 a.m.

I am currently suffering an evil outer otitis, and I could not control my glucose due to the inflammation of my ear, basically for the bacteria that causes the infection, glucose is a food, and having the infection causes that has hyperglycemia, in a few words it isDifficult to control myself now I checked at least 3 times per hour to be able to lower my glucose continuously, it should be emphasized that I use basal insulin (lantus), all bodies are different and react differently to the external changes that are in our dayday...

There are antibiotics and enough medicines that are documented by producing hyperglycemia in diabetic patients, if you are currently taking something apart from your medicines for DM1, Googlealos and verifies that they do not have reactions in your glucose, nothing also happens if you have been 2 weeksInscontrolled, your reassuring your mind do not think about things too much, you will see that you will be fine and wait for your appointment with your endocrinologist.

Greetings and a hug.

Mauricio77's profile photo
Mauricio77
11/16/2020 10:49 a.m.

DM1 since 2006 - pinchazos e inyecciones - usuario de microinfusora por un periodo de 4 años.

Thank you very much for your comments, they helped me a lot, especially yours Mauricio77.I went today with a gral doctor, he tells me that I continue with the throat infection, he gave me amoxicillin.At noon my levels returned to normal.
I am very grateful, because I had not thought about it, I am 33 years old, 20 with diabetes and there is always a first time.
Greetings to all, I'm very happy 😊

Kandy's profile photo
Kandy
11/17/2020 2:50 a.m.

@Kandy Sometimes hormones alter glucose, premenstrual syndrome, a possible pregnancy, all those things cause a lot of lack of control.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/17/2020 4:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Good day,
As an update of my situation, I share that I had a Covid studio and it was positive, which is why the sugar did not lower me.
Be very careful, let's be attentive to any change that is not normal in us.

greetings.

Kandy's profile photo
Kandy
03/14/2021 9:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.