Granuloma

vanessa30's profile photo   10/08/2019 9:48 a.m.

Hello, what do you know about annular granuloma?

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/08/2019 9:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @vanessa30!,

In relation to diabetes, I think it is the first time I read the term annular granuloma ... I suppose you are looking for information from someone who knows the topic of first -hand, it seemed curious and I have searched, but I can't talk to youFrom the experience, I share what I have found.

The annular granuloma is a skin disease that produces bulky reddish lesions (injuries) or ring -shaped skin color.Protuberances usually appear in the hands and feet.

Minor skin lesions and some medications can trigger the condition.Different types affect adults and children.

Injuries usually disappear alone in a period of two years without treatment.But if it bothers you how your skin looks or feels, the doctor can prescribe medications that will accelerate the disappearance of the condition.

symptoms

The signs and symptoms of annular granuloma may vary according to:

- Located.This is the most frequent type of annular granuloma.The borders of protuberance (injury) are circular or semicircular, with a diameter of up to 2 inches (5 centimeters).Reddish protuberances or skin color appear more frequently in the hands, feet, wrists and ankles of young adults.
- generalized.Less frequently, adults experience this type, which causes reddish protuberances or skin color, itching, in most of the body, including torso, arms and legs.
- Under the skin.A guy that generally affects young children is called subcutaneous annular granuloma.It produces small and firm protuberances under the skin, instead of a cutaneous eruption.The bumps are formed in the hands, pimples and scalp.

When you should consult with a doctor

Get in touch with your doctor if your skin develops red protuberances (injuries) in the form of rings and do not disappear after a few weeks.

causes

The causes of the annular granuloma are not clear.Sometimes it is triggered by:

- Animal or insect bites
- Infections, such as hepatitis
- Cutaneous tuberculin tests
- Vaccines.
- Sun Exposure
- Minor skin lesions
- Medications

The annular granuloma is not contagious.

risk factors

The annular granuloma is occasionally associated with diabetes or thyroid disease, more frequently when lesions are numerous or extended.Uigreen, it can be related to cancer, especially in older people whose annular granuloma is serious;It does not respond to treatment or returns after cancer treatment.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/08/2019 10:57 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer thanks, to see if someone has had and what treatment has.
I have a small eruption in my hand and I wondered if it could be that

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/08/2019 11:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.