{'en': 'Diabetes and flu vaccine', 'es': 'Diabetes y vacuna de la gripe'} Image

Diabetes and flu vaccine

Silvia Morales Pomares's profile photo   11/21/2020 1:26 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I am type I diabetic and yesterday they put the flu vaccine.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but since yesterday I have very high sugar.I punctuate to lower it but at the hours it rises almost to 300. I have taken myself all night too.

Is it normal?

Does the sugar vaccine alter and it is difficult to control it?

What is your experience with vaccines?

Thank you all in advance !!: Smiley:

Silvia Morales Pomares's profile photo
Silvia Morales Pomares
11/21/2020 1:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"Silvia Morales Pomares" I put it on a few weeks ago, apart from the pain in the arm the next day, I have not had more side effects.

The high glucose and that do not go down has happened to me when I have been incubating colds, or other viral processes.

Let's see if someone can give you more information.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/21/2020 1:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I put it on some weeks ago and I didn't notice anything special in my blood glucose, neither that day nor the following.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/22/2020 10:06 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

admin.Another still thread was open, I put it to save repeat experiences
Link

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
11/22/2020 12:41 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

I think it is normal if it makes you reaction.In the end the body reacts as if there was an infection to generate antibodies and you can give you symptoms of being sick as a headache, fever, discomfort ... I had not put it on me for many years and this year I have put it on and notI have had any reaction or noticed anything in glucose.It may depend on whether it gives you reaction or not the one that affects glucose.If your body is thought to be fighting a virus activates certain mechanisms such as when there is a real virus and one of the things that happens when we are sick is that glucose rises.I do not think it lasts much, they will be a couple of days maximum and will return to normal.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/23/2020 2:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

My daughter puts it every year and never had any rare reaction.And only one year had a mild flu.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/24/2020 4:59 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

This year I put it at the beginning of October and no problem with a possible reaction or with glycemia, yes, one day with arm pain but little more.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
11/25/2020 5:56 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.