How many glucometers do you give you in the S.S.?

aaandres's profile photo   10/11/2019 3:02 p.m.

I tell you ...
When my son was a minor, the S.S.It facilitated 4 glucometers.
This year, being of legal age, the ambulatory (Majadahonda - Madrid) changed model in March or April.A new nurse changed the 4 we had for the new model.Now in September they have changed a third model again!But this time, no matter how much I have insisted, they have only given us a glucometer.As much as I have explained that an 18 -year -old boy can lose it, or break it by playing sports, or that they steal it ... nothing.That if I want more than I buy them.
I put the corresponding complaint and today they answer that it is thus: that they only facilitate one per patient and that "if there is a risk of hypoglycemia, the patient should always carry it on top."Touch your feet, Manuel!That "if there is a risk of hypoglycemia"!?We are talking about a diabetic, right?
Of course, the issue is that if I am now a good boy, I obey, and I spend € 70-90 in another glucometer, who tells me that in three months they do not change the model again and it is useless?
Question: Are you teaching me or is it for adults?
Thank you.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/11/2019 3:02 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

@aaandres normally if you call the patient care phone of the glucometer brand they send you another, and if they break, it also has a life guarantee ... also they are interested that you consume their strips, soThey send free and fast.I always have 2.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
10/11/2019 6:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They have always given me one.What I do is when I already have the new one I call the manufacturer and ask for another equal or if they have any mini model, etc.The other month they will change it to me I hope you have no problem.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/11/2019 9:31 p.m.

They have always given me only 1 in Social Security.But if you call the brand they usually give you another.Try to see if they give you one that uses the same strips.Normally brands earn money with the strips not with glucometers and do not put a problem in sending you one free.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/12/2019 5:47 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

The world when you are of legal age in this disease is very different from when you are minor, I have always given me one, the mark that was, in any case, as you have already told you, call you, call the customer serviceof the brand and send you another without problems.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
10/12/2019 9:03 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

To those who are not insulin -dependent yet, they do not provide us glucometer or strips, despite having reports that it is recommended that you have it due to hypoglycemia problems and for not being able to go to the health center once a week to carry out the controlEasy for work reasons, so I had to buy it.The insulin of the dependents provide one, at least in Castilla y León, and hopefully they do not have to change every few months for changing the supplies of the strips ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
10/12/2019 9:39 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Hi, @aaandres
I am an adult adult and in Social Security they have given me three glucometers.
The first (contour XT) in the nursing of the health center, the second the educator -I also remember that he told me: "What do you only have one? You always have to have at least two in case you lose it, you forget it inSome site or steal it "and gave me another (contour Next One).And the third was also given to me by the educator (Acu-Chek Aviva) in a meeting with those of Roche.There I had to choose what you throw would give me from that moment in the infirmary, or one or the other, not both, and I stayed with those of the contour, that I really like that glucometer.
All this in Madrid, Jiménez Díaz Foundation.

Do what you have recommended and ask for another manufacturer (which is one of the strips that give you in the SS, of course).What seems incredible is that in some centers they give you everything and in others you have to beg.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
10/13/2019 12:04 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

They gave me 100 from Bayer and 100 of Abbot, when they have stopped giving those of Free I returned to 200 from Bayer, in Madrid.I think it's the luck you have with the staff ...

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
10/13/2019 9:26 p.m.

In Madrid they have just given me a new because they have changed supplier.Of course, only 50 strips for 3 months because I pay me the free.
I have not asked for more, so I don't know if they give more

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/13/2019 10:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have never understood this discrimination to some three and another and some none.
With me with the strips I have no problems, but it gives me that they will arrive soon and the truth exhausts me these problems ^.What need do I have to be asking and giving explanations?:/

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/15/2019 9:16 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I have just given me a new because they have changed supplier.Of course, only 50 strips for 3 months because I pay me the free.
I have not asked for more, so I don't know if they give more

50 for three months!Paying free the free !!It seems very strong.I would understand that they gave you less throw if the ss financed it but if you are paying you the free leave you only with 50 strips turns off and let's go.I think they are not aware that the sensors fail and sometimes many runs come out that do not give one, and in those cases what do you pretend to do?Jope, I think the people who send these barbarities would have to spend a week with a diabetic, to see what seemed to him.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
10/15/2019 11:08 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Aandres, 2 things:
1. If you call customer service of your meter's brand, they send you a free one with a box of 50 strips and good lancet.
2. My endocrine made me a writing to show it in the health center, indicating that I do 6 controls a day and that they have to give me more strips for it.

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
10/20/2019 3:52 p.m.

Best of all, I am assigned 600 strips to the quarter.
In the end I buy myself for the Free on Amazon.Step to be loaded with 2 glucometers and everything else day by day.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/23/2019 7:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.