Insulin bomb and general anesthesia

Jess's profile photo   10/21/2019 5:31 p.m.

Hello.Someone has undergone an operating room with general anesthesia and being a carrier of insulin pump.I have to undergo an operation these days and I have spent pre -the -anesthesia but the anesthesist does not find out about anything.He does not know how the insulin bomb works, I will try to speak with the endocrine before, but that the anesthetist does not know how I have to act before an operation with the insulin pump baffles me a little, first he tells me to leave it, that asI just shed it for meals and I see me inject insulin 24 hours, after it will take it away and put it to Boli ... Come on, I don't know.I do not want them to let me die of a hicc
I am made a mess.If someone has operated with her and tells us their experience, I would appreciate it

Jess's profile photo
Jess
10/21/2019 5:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@JESS, Tell us your experience.
Successes and prompt recovery.
Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/22/2019 8:24 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Jess I have understood that they put a road with glycosylated whey and another with insulin to control yourself, you would go without a bomb and when you wake up you already put it and take away your serum.
In childbirth they didn't sleep but they did so and it was great.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
10/25/2019 3:48 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Good morning.
The endocrine put a guideline to deliver to the anesthetist that consisted of:
I went with my insulin pump and with the hospital sensor.Keep the pump and glucose sensor and serum to maintain glucose and avoid hypos.
I took the pump to the operating room table, before starting the anesthesia, the doctor took my insulin pump and they put the insulin by serum and once I was in the URPA when I was conscious and oriented I re -connected the insulin pumpmyself.In conclusion I spent all the time with a pump and sensor except the anesthesia time.
I hope it serves you for next operations and avoid those nerves of not knowing what will happen.All the best
Thanks @Solaria all well and recovering.
@erpla if more or less as you told me.
All the best

Jess's profile photo
Jess
10/29/2019 12:26 p.m.

@JESS, copied.
-They take pump at the time of operation.-You report to your endocrine anesthetist with insulin guidelines.
And if it is an emergency operation?
I am afraid, I would feel more safe to wear my bomba.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/30/2019 11:40 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Solaria I suppose that it should be the same protocol for an emergency operating room, because it is clear that the insulin pump is not an impediment to an operation.With the new approval of putting bombs to a large percentage of the population at least here in Tenerife, I think the anesthetists will have to take a protocol to follow and it will be something like the one that the endocrine indicated in my case.It is something relatively new for them and have to adapt.
Even so, in my case, I have the experience of this operating room if I had an emergency, I would tell the anesthetist or whoever attends me.You calm that they would look for a solution if it were the case.;)
All the best

Jess's profile photo
Jess
10/30/2019 1:34 p.m.

I had a breakage of warm and ankle, 2 hours in total, and since I had no way to shut up (🙄) I got a chute and I was asleep.The bomb continued and normal, the anesthetist did not give importance, so I worked on my own, on December 29 there are not many endocrine available to ask.I think that everything depends on the duration of the intervention, if it had needed to disconnect the pump would have applied the disconnection protocol, but why disconnect?

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
11/03/2019 10:21 a.m.

Hello, I underwent an intervention with general anesthesia and I was with my bomb.
They monitor you but "the pancreas" do not take it off, at least to me.
Then at the end I saw that I had 150, and I stayed so comfortable.

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
11/03/2019 10:46 a.m.

My uncle also operated on several delicate and urgent things.
They took everything out.They plugged in the operation and in the ICU to a very large machine that for what I explained and I could see was a mega bomb to the very large.Which was in charge of giving insulin, making measurements and giving serum if necessary

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
11/04/2019 4:42 a.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.