{'en': 'Lada diabetes', 'es': 'Diabetes LADA'} Image

Lada diabetes

Cristina Arolfo's profile photo   12/14/2020 12:53 p.m.

Hello,

A few months ago I was diagnosed with Lada, I started slowly with the slow insulin (Toujeo), until I reached 34 u.And I came controlling it well.

And they added the rapid (Apidra) 1U every 15grs of ch.more the one you need to rectify glycemia of that moment.Before the 4 meals.

And since I put the apidra, I wake up with minimum 220 and I notice the measurements during the day.Thing that was no longer happening to me.

I give them an example, today I woke up with 218, I put the slow (34u), I put on 5u of the fast, and instead of sitting down for breakfast, wait 30 min to measure myself again and see if I was going down and gave me234, I don't understand anything !!!!!

Please if someone can help me, I would appreciate them.

THANK YOU!

Cristina Arolfo's profile photo
Cristina Arolfo
12/14/2020 12:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Cristina Arolfo"

Complicated the truth!I do not understand that by putting fast insulin, things have changed.

You get many slow units.You could try to put it at night.So you have breakfast, slow insulin will not lower glycemia.That does the fast.You may need more fast units.Maybe your factors have changed.
Another option is that you change slow insulin.
I would try to get the slow at night and increase the fast dose.And wait a few days.Try to eat the same amounts of carbohydrates.And if that doesn't work, see the endocrine and eat it.

In the end, it doesn't matter if you are lada.You have DM1 and you have to take slow and fast insulin.I am also lada, but the truth does not matter.

I hope better soon!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/14/2020 9:13 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

If you go to bed well and you get up high, you will need to increase the slow.
I would increase a slow unit, to see if the controls improve.
What slow do you use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/14/2020 11:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

jldiazdel said:
@"Cristina Arolfo"

Complicated the truth!I do not understand that by putting fast insulin, things have changed.

You get many slow units.You could try to put it at night.So you have breakfast, slow insulin will not lower glycemia.That does the fast.You may need more fast units.Maybe your factors have changed.
Another option is that you change slow insulin.
I would try to get the slow at night and increase the fast dose.And wait a few days.Try to eat the same amounts of carbohydrates.And if that doesn't work, see the endocrine and eat it.

In the end, it doesn't matter if you are lada.You have DM1 and you have to take slow and fast insulin.I am also lada, but the truth does not matter.

I hope better soon!

Thank you very much, I'm going to try putting myself at night, thanks !!!!

Cristina Arolfo
12/15/2020 2:31 a.m.

regina said:
If you go to bed well and you get up high, you will need to increase the slow.
I would increase a slow unit, to see if the controls improve.
What slow do you use?

Hello!!I get toujeo the slow, and quickly gave me apidra.I'm going to try one more unit of slow and at night, thank you !!!

Cristina Arolfo
12/15/2020 2:33 a.m.

@"Cristina Arolfo"

I guess you know.But remember how to regulate slow insulin at the beginning.If you have a sensor it is simpler.At night you control yourself before putting it on.In the morning before breakfast you control again.If you are more or less at the level of blood glucose you had at night, it means that at the moment that is your dose of slow.If you get up, it drops about 70 you will have to reduce the slow.If you go up a lot, you will have to increase slowly.Wait about three days to make changes.Little by little.

The rapid insulin dose controls with food.If at two or three hours you always stay high, about 180, it means that you have to increase the quick dose.Eye, breakfast, food and dinner is not the same.And it is not the same if you eat and sit that if you are.For example, I do walk with active insulin (up to two hours after a meal) I have to reduce the amount of insulin between one and two units.
The truth is not easy!Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/15/2020 5:01 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.