{'en': 'Night hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias nocturnas avisadas'} Image

Night hypoglycemia

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/29/2019 5:50 p.m.

Good morning,

I would like to tell you a situation that happens to me frequently and I want to know if it also happens to you.

Whenever I have had hypoglycemia at night, in my dream I also have hypoglycemia.I dream that I feel very bad and that I have to make a blood glucose.

Sometimes I see in the glucometer of the sleep that I have a hypoglycemia, on other occasions I dream that I have to get food to trace hypoglycemia.And I have ever dreamed that I have to realize the glycemia or take sugar, but I do not get it and every time I feel worse in sleep.

So when I dream these things, I realize in the dream that I have a real life hypoglycemia.I wake up and measure my glucose and effectively I have a low sugar.The values ​​are around 55-70 mg/dl, from there I have never lowered during the nights.

After telling my experience the question is: Does it happen to you too?

If it happens to you, you would comment on this topic of the forum.

Some scientists believe that there are some neurons in our brain that act as blood glucose sensors and who knows if these neurons also create these dreams to warn us of hypoglycemia.It would be a new line of research in the world of diabetes.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/29/2019 5:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It doesn't happen to me, but I recognize that I was happening for more than 15 years.
He explained to me, I am 44 years old and the last 30 with diabetes;Right now I use a bomb.With this age I hardly remember any dream, but as I said, when I was younger, I did remember many dreams and what you have explained has happened to me.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/29/2019 8:12 p.m.

@Mamarvazq How interesting!Thank you for telling your experience, to see if someone else happens to you.

DiabetesForo
10/30/2019 12:12 p.m.

The truth is that it has never happened to me .....

erpla's profile photo
erpla
10/30/2019 1:29 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Yes you can dream of what you are feeling.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/30/2019 2:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, I don't have those dreams, I rarely remember, but if I have a severe hypo (<45) I wake up suddenly, as if the body alert me with sweats and tremors.
I think it happened to me 2 times.

In my opinion, I think the subconscious is there, active and alert.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/31/2019 7:44 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@erpla Thank you for answering my question.
@Regina that's, I believe the same.Thanks for answering.
@Ruthbia I also believe that the subconscious is there to warn us of hypoglycemia or even when we forget to put insulin, that after a while I remember that I have not put insulin.Thanks for answering.

DiabetesForo
11/02/2019 5:09 p.m.

It happened to me several times, feeling that I have hypoglycemia and I have to eat, but I am unable to move, if I wake up I looked at me and if I have a downturn, but other times I have been hicc up for an hour or more time and I have notKnowing, then seeing the graphic in the free I have seen it, this has very worried, so I sleep with the free on the table and look at me three times at night, and if it avoided any hiccup.

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
11/03/2019 6:04 p.m.

It always happens to me, or almost always.Dream what he dreams, as I have a hypo, in my dream it does not matter what I am doing because I begin to notice hypoglycemic.I guess it's something similar to when you dream that you want to urinate and you really have them.

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
11/03/2019 8:44 p.m.

Yes, it also happens to me today, and I've been with it for 39 years.
In the dream I begin to notice intense hunger and sweat is doing what I am doing at that time and that is when I wake up and I am clear that it is a hypo.What happens is that I have been dreaming that since but the feeling is not passed until you wake up and eat really.
I think it is a "early alert" system, as I say, unconscious but it takes years to learn because I did not notice it too and once I was in hypoglycemic coma.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/07/2019 5:01 p.m.

It has never happened to me.How curious ... 🧐🤔

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
11/09/2019 11:35 p.m.

What happened to me was that I had horrible dreams, horrifying nightmares and I couldn't wake me up, so in the morning I had more than 300 or even 400
Now after 34 years of very frustrating diabetes sometimes I dream of others or I remember, but I have a heartbreak of having suffered a nocturnal hypo that is a great headache and the left eye, because I had a herpetic virus that could be cured withoutProblems, but how everything works so well in SS ... for ten years, an authentic chaos.

Indomable_mente's profile photo
Indomable_mente
11/11/2019 11:51 a.m.

Hello.It happens to me that the dream becomes something surreal, and I begin to become aware that I am dreaming something a bit weird, and then I wake up and when I measure myself I check that I am effectively having a hypoglycemia.It seems very interesting that something similar to other diabetics happens.

lokkus78's profile photo
lokkus78
11/11/2019 2:56 p.m.

Marybe Days said:
has happened to me several times, feel that I have hypoglycemia and I have to eat, but I am unable to move, if I wake up he looked at me and if I have a downturn, but other timesI have been hicc up for an hour or more time and I haven't heard, then seeing the graphic in the free I have seen it, this has very worried, so I sleep with the free on the table and look at me three times at night, and if he avoided any hicc.

In my opinion I think you should not be every night in that situation, because this remains quality of life.You should change some patterns of your treatment, the endocrine can help you a lot in that.Maybe you could lower slow insulin, dinner slow absorption hydrates such as a glass of milk or change the hours you do physical exercise.Cheer up with it!

DiabetesForo
11/24/2019 11:16 a.m.

<Blockquote Class = "quote" rel = "indomitable_mente"
Now after 34 years of very frustrating diabetes sometimes I dream of others or I remember, but I have a heartbreak of having suffered a nocturnal hypo that is a great headache and the left eye, because I had a herpetic virus that could be cured withoutproblems, but how everything works so well in SS ... for ten years, an authentic chaos.

Very interesting what you expose, you could be suffering in those cases the Somogyi effect.This effect is characterized because you have a night hypoglycemia and the secret body hormones to raise glucose levels such as adrenaline or glucagon.Then it is characteristic then when waking up high glucose values.It is an effect that affects 10% of people with type 1 diabetes. This can be solved by making changes in treatment guidelines

DiabetesForo
11/24/2019 11:20 a.m.

@Rosanriv @Ajd @Lokkus78 Thank you very much for commenting on this topic.It seems that there are many more people in this situation.I will see if there is any scientific study that has investigated this topic.

DiabetesForo
11/24/2019 11:24 a.m.

I do not dream that I have a hypo as such, but I dream that I am hungry and that ends up waking me and immediately then I know that I have a hiccup and take 15gr of HC fast without capillary or anything because I am 100% safe.There was a time when I did not happen to me, I did not feel the hypos at night until they were quite severe, but for a long time that I have stabilized (I had a little crazy one a little some time ago) it happened again), sleep, hungry, wake up hungry and a rare feeling and 100% I know it's hip.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
11/27/2019 2:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.